Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2047003 - 10/29/15 05:31 PM OTHER INCOME AND EXPENSE
auditor42 Offline
Does anyone have any procedures they would be willing to share for auditing Other Income and Expense?

Return to Top
Audit
#2047098 - 10/29/15 07:38 PM Re: OTHER INCOME AND EXPENSE auditor42
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
I assume you are referring to internal audit work. We will perform analytical review procedures and compare against prior activity along with budgeted amounts for the current year. We have dumped selected account activity into excel and sorted it by transaction amount and reviewed supporting documentation.
Last edited by osucpa; 10/29/15 07:41 PM.
Return to Top
#2047798 - 11/03/15 07:05 PM Re: OTHER INCOME AND EXPENSE auditor42
soundbank Offline
We take a sample of accounts and review the transactions. We review debit entries in income accounts, credit entries in expense accounts.

For the sample selection, we will review a year over year income report and sort by accounts with a difference > $10,000 and 10%

Return to Top
#2089505 - 07/22/16 05:36 PM Re: OTHER INCOME AND EXPENSE auditor42
MTW75 Offline
Lexington, Kentucky
I, too, perform various analytical and budget comparisons, and then make inquiries on significant dollar/percentage variances. I will also test the bank's procedures for determining amortization periods of prepaids and accrual periods for accrued expenses and review to see how miscalcutions, or changes, in such accruals are handled. Further, I will vouch a sample of expenses against vendor invoices for proper approval, recording and payment. Such an audit will have some overlap into accounts payable and official checks (expense checks) functions.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z