Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2091242 - 08/03/16 02:04 PM Change in Terms & Conditions
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Good Morning - question regarding a change in our terms & conditions. Our forms processor recently notified us that there would be changes made to our terms & conditions. This mainly was happening to include the Military Lending Act amendments however they are taking this opportunity to make some other revisions at the same time. My question is this: Do the changes being made to the terms & conditions need to be highlighted on the copies being mailed to existing customers?

Thanks

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2091291 - 08/03/16 03:29 PM Re: Change in Terms & Conditions Bankwoman1
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I would be asking my legal counsel.

Return to Top
#2091299 - 08/03/16 03:41 PM Re: Change in Terms & Conditions Bankwoman1
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
I do not understand...your forms processor makes the determination of changes to YOUR terms and conditions on your products?

Return to Top
#2091320 - 08/03/16 04:13 PM Re: Change in Terms & Conditions Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We work with a company that keeps our forms up to date and in compliance. Whenever there is any kind of update in the compliance world they make sure we are notified and we are using the most up to date current forms and terms & conditions. Obviously we approve the final proof - but yes they inform us if something needs updated. Our disclosures on our products have been created by us but the terms & conditions are done by them and any information that pertains to us in particular has been added.

You act as if this is a strange situation but this is a pretty large company and I know they have other clients. We have been using them for years.

Return to Top
#2091321 - 08/03/16 04:14 PM Re: Change in Terms & Conditions Bankwoman1
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
I won't specify the form vendor in a public forum, but I know that they have their lawyers reviewing recent court cases, UDAAP citations, best practices, etc. and then making recommendations for changes to the deposit contract. I received this same question from one of my clients yesterday following a long presentation from the vendor.

Randy's advice is sound and is the same answer that I provided to my client. You can either rely on their attorneys and buy what they are selling you, or you can confer with your own counsel and determine if these changes are truly needed.

I would also add that when using the term "compliance" remember that most of the changes update the legal contract and are not related to compliance with federal regulation which is why we can't provide more definitive guidance.
Last edited by BrianC; 08/03/16 04:16 PM.

Return to Top
#2091322 - 08/03/16 04:15 PM Re: Change in Terms & Conditions Bankwoman1
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
And they make sure you buy new forms for changes that are probably not really necessary.

Return to Top
#2091329 - 08/03/16 04:29 PM Re: Change in Terms & Conditions Bankwoman1
Bankwoman1 Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thank you Brian and Randy. I will talk to my VP about this and see how they want to handle it.

I appreciate it.

Return to Top
#2091420 - 08/03/16 07:12 PM Re: Change in Terms & Conditions Bankwoman1
happyauditor Offline
Platinum Poster
happyauditor
NY
Thanks for the clarification Bankwoman1. It seemed odd to me because ours is done in-house...but what you explained makes sense. Thanks.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett