Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2092719 - 08/11/16 04:26 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
I nominate John Denver's "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" as today's official anthem of this thread.

You're welcome for another earworm! whistle

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2092755 - 08/11/16 05:54 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
doodles Offline
Gold Star
doodles
PA
A local church had a "drive your tractor to church" Sunday and there were several tractors in the parking lot that morning. It was at the start of planting and the focus was on prayers for safety for the farmers.

Return to Top
#2092791 - 08/11/16 07:03 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
smile

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2092829 - 08/11/16 08:15 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum RR Joker
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
I'm expecting some good farm implement and/or crop stories tomorrow as well as a good theme song, GD. Maybe if the music is good enough we can have our own Friday bar?

Return to Top
#2092855 - 08/11/16 09:26 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
A good ol' fashioned honky-tonk with two-steppin?

Return to Top
#2092869 - 08/11/16 11:21 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By Cornfed Turtle
I'm expecting some good farm implement and/or crop stories tomorrow as well as a good theme song, GD. Maybe if the music is good enough we can have our own Friday bar?

Hopefully there will be more inspiring posts to cause a song to pop into my head. Great idea to integrate the bar!

Return to Top
#2092930 - 08/12/16 03:07 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I remember the first time I helped work cattle and the steer flicked his tail and I got poop in my eye. I'm more in the Lisa Douglas category, if you know what I'm talking about.

Did a song just pop into your head GD?

Return to Top
#2092936 - 08/12/16 03:14 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
It's a pretty unknown song, but "Mudkicker" by Skid Row comes to mind.

Return to Top
#2092946 - 08/12/16 03:30 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Ok, your song choice infers that you are a young'un. I was thinking more along the lines of:

Green Acres is the place to be.
Farm livin' is the life for me.
Land spreadin' out so far and wide
Keep Manhattan, just give me that countryside.

New York is where I'd rather stay.
I get allergic smelling hay.
I just adore a penthouse view.
Dah-ling I love you but give me Park Avenue.

...The chores.
...The stores.
...Fresh air.
...Times Square

You are my wife.
Good bye, city life.
Green Acres we are there.

Return to Top
#2092951 - 08/12/16 03:40 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Years ago, me and a co-worker and her husband and our two boys went out to herd up some cows we were repossessing. These long horns were RANK. It was a very interesting day to say the least.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#2092955 - 08/12/16 03:47 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
LOVED that show, Okie.

Return to Top
#2092956 - 08/12/16 03:47 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum HRH Okie Banker
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By HRH Okie Banker
Ok, your song choice infers that you are a young'un.

I'm not really a young-un, just a city boy. And my song choice may have implied it but you inferred it. wink

I'm also a smart-a..! laugh

Anyway, Green Acres seems to fit the scenario quite well.

Return to Top
#2092960 - 08/12/16 03:58 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum RR Joker
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted By RR Joker
......some cows we were repossessing......

AHHHH!!!!!!

Return to Top
#2092969 - 08/12/16 04:14 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
We had a very young and very swaggering buck of an ag lender that wore all his new Christmas outfit to go do a livestock inspection. New leather jacket, new boots and new jeans. Well, a momma cow must not have like the outfit because she got a hold of him and "ran" him down the barbed wire fence line. Tore up the entire ensemble. He will never live that down. We can laugh because we was not seriously hurt.

Return to Top
#2093172 - 08/15/16 01:47 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum TMatt87
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Hey, I was in the FFA! Blue corduroy jacket, the whole deal! The FFA Sweetheart was hot!

Best farm song ever Matthew [You Tube], also by John Denver.

Return to Top
#2093187 - 08/15/16 02:42 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum Cornfed Turtle
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
There was a story floating around years ago, probably apocryphal, at UCC training seminars about a young lender who made a loan secured with 10 cows. His boss learned of the loan and took the lender out to the farm, where there were dozens of cows and asked him to identify the ten he had a security interest in.

Return to Top
#2098635 - 09/15/16 02:26 PM Re: Horse-barn HMDA thread in the HMDA forum MyBrainHurts
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
I know...dated thread now, but just wanted you all to know that I used the word "pivot" correctly in a meeting today. I was very proud of myself and truly grateful for all of the knowledge I've gained from my fellow BOL'ers over the years.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2