Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2092249 - 08/08/16 08:37 PM Adobe Acrobat Reader DC default settings
Mike Baker Offline
100 Club
Mike Baker
Tennessee
Any help would be appreciated. I have searched the Adobe Acrobat site to no avail, and even posted this question there [there was no option for contacting a "live" source...I know that at the individual document level I can go to Edit, Preferences, Forms, and uncheck the Highlight Color box entitled "show border hover color for fields." Doing so will remove the color for that one document. I have even done so without a document open. However, there is no apparent way to save this selection and override the apparent default whereby that box is checked. If I close out Adobe Acrobat DC, and open it again, once more that box is checked. I would not think that this should be such a difficult matter, and maybe I am overlooking something simple? Does anyone have any ideas or solutions for this situation? Thank you for your help!!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2092342 - 08/09/16 04:34 PM Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC default settings Mike Baker
Amandak Offline
Wisconsin
I just checked my setting and the box is not checked so I checked the box, went out and went back in and the box is still checked. I then did it again with the box unchecked. I wonder if you need to updated Adobe Acrobat DC. If your network is setup like mine only and administrator can perform the update. Good luck.

Return to Top
#2092385 - 08/09/16 07:12 PM Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC default settings Mike Baker
Mike Baker Offline
100 Club
Mike Baker
Tennessee
Thank you very much. First I searched for updates and found that there were none. However, you inspired me to do what I should have thought to do before. I uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC, and after the reinstall, I no longer have the default.
I still have no idea what caused it to occur, but at least it is gone now, and I do not have to reset preferences every time I open a fillable PDF. Thank you so much for sharing your idea, because it led to a solution for me, when all other attempts were in vain.
If it were in my power to do so, I would "upgrade" your status from "Junior Member." Have a great rest of the day!

Return to Top
#2092463 - 08/10/16 01:37 PM Re: Adobe Acrobat Reader DC default settings Mike Baker
Amandak Offline
Wisconsin
Glad I could help smile

Return to Top