Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2092425 - 08/09/16 09:28 PM Restrooms - Do we have to allow use by non-staff?
Lele Offline
Platinum Poster
Lele
In the Sun
We have had a problem with some non-customer as well as customer request to use our bathrooms or just go on in. Needless to say some of them left the restrooms not quite the way they found it. Do we have to allow them usage? Of course if it was an emergency, we would allow without a problem. The door is unmarked but it is in the lobby. I live in Florida in case that makes a difference. Thanks!

Return to Top
#2092431 - 08/09/16 10:46 PM Re: Restrooms - Do we have to allow use by non-staff? Lele
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
I have been at institutions who were on different sides of that issue so I am guessing it is at your discretion but would recommend you check your local law to make sure.

We once had an individual who kept smearing stool on the walls and such. So gross.

Return to Top
#2092435 - 08/10/16 10:05 AM Re: Restrooms - Do we have to allow use by non-staff? Lele
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Maybe your local retail merchants' association would be a good resource for information about local standards for public accommodation.

Return to Top