Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2092513 - 08/10/16 03:50 PM FinCEN SAR Stats/Numbers
Juby Offline
100 Club
Does anyone know where to find somewhat current statistics on SAR filings? I have some charts from last year that show "Number of Filings Ranked by States & Territories by Depository Institutions" and "Number of Filings by Type of Suspicious Activity by Depository Institutions" with data from March 1, 2012 through March 31, 2015. I used these in an annual training last year, but can't seem to find where it was located to update it in training this year. All my searches on FinCEN's site pull up older publications (2012 and before).

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2092514 - 08/10/16 04:07 PM Re: FinCEN SAR Stats/Numbers Juby
BrianC Online
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
From the October 2015 edition of SAR Stats.

Interactive SAR Stats: Readers now have the option to visit the Interactive SAR Stats application at http://www.fincen.gov/Reports/SARStats which allows users to see the filing rate(s) of specific FinCEN BSAR (Form 111) data from 1 March 2012 through the latest full month of the current calendar year. Users may select any combination of the following data elements for each of the seven defined industries and other type of filing institutions: Year & Month; States/Territories;
Suspicious Activity Types/Category; Instrument Type(s)/Payment Mechanism(s); Product Type(s); Relationship; and Regulator.
Interactive SAR Stats provides the ability to combine elements within search parameters, which allows for broader and more varied illustration of data than is contained in the SAR Stats and Quarterly Update(s).

Return to Top
#2092518 - 08/10/16 04:14 PM Re: FinCEN SAR Stats/Numbers Juby
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
The SAR Stats publication replaced the "By the Numbers" publications from prior years. The most recent version includes SAR filing statistics from 2014. Based on their brief history so far, the next edition (with the 2015 stats) should be expected in October.

Return to Top
#2092529 - 08/10/16 05:48 PM Re: FinCEN SAR Stats/Numbers Juby
Juby Offline
100 Club
Thanks!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z