Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2003893 - 03/25/15 02:32 PM UCC Termination
SUSANE1 Offline
Platinum Poster
We have a UCC on a loan that is about to pay off. We are making another loan to same customer but the loan won't be booked until approximately one month from now. Since we don't have an active loan, will our UCC still be in "first position" until we can get the new loan booked?

Return to Top
Article 9
#2024774 - 07/02/15 05:09 PM Re: UCC Termination SUSANE1
Smiles Offline
New Poster

My understanding is as long as you don't terminate your filing your lien position you currently hold would be maintained.

Return to Top
#2081588 - 06/02/16 08:16 PM Re: UCC Termination SUSANE1
OkLender Offline
New Poster
As a matter of practice, I would complete a UCC1 search on the debtor to make sure everything is still in place before advancing new funds. There is no one filing the policing of documents. Additionally, the search would identify any other debtors that may be under the understanding that your loan has paid off. You should also be sure of what your loan documents (security agreement and note) say about future advances.

Return to Top
#2093103 - 08/13/16 02:35 PM Re: UCC Termination SUSANE1
Rocky P Online
Power Poster
Florida
Is the collateral on both loans similar (or similarly described)?

Return to Top
#2093686 - 08/17/16 02:35 PM Re: UCC Termination SUSANE1
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I'm with RP and OkLender - If the collateral of the new note would be covered by the existing UCC I would perform a UCC search to make sure there are no intervening liens. Remember that your perfection isn't just on the existence of the recorded UCC but on the executing of the proper documents and funding. An intervening lien could prove to be dangerous.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Sam Ott