BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2094937 - 08/24/16 02:27 PM Wet Money
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
We have a commercial customer who hosts outdoor events and will sometimes send in a large volume of wet currency in their deposits. We have been unsuccessful in finding a solution that would allow us to dry larger volumes of this wet currency - currently it's a very manual, time intensive process.

Anyone have a solution/idea they could point me to?

Return to Top
#2094953 - 08/24/16 03:03 PM Re: Wet Money RBanker
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Clothes dryer? Or you could require your customer to dry it in a clothes dryer before bringing it in. DO NOT stick it in a microwave.

Return to Top
#2094956 - 08/24/16 03:06 PM Re: Wet Money RBanker
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
Clothes dryer isn't feasible, mainly because we don't have room - I would necessarily have a problem with it otherwise - could put the $$ in a lingerie bag....Right now hairdryers are being used.....

Return to Top
#2094958 - 08/24/16 03:14 PM Re: Wet Money RBanker
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Buy one of these: http://tinyurl.com/j9ysasc

or

Buy an inexpensive ice chest and a small fan. Cut a hole in the top of the ice chest that is just a bit smaller than the fan. Cut a small hole in the side of the ice chest that allows air to escape--maybe even stick a short piece of PVC pipe in the hole. Turn on the fan and blow the money around in the ice chest until it is dry. It might take a while, but you'll figure out how long after a while and it won't take up your staff's time.

Return to Top
#2094963 - 08/24/16 03:20 PM Re: Wet Money RBanker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Or just tell the customer to figure it out themselves as you are no longer going to accept wet money for deposit ---- or better yet, charge them $5 for every $100 you have to dry for them.

Return to Top
#2094966 - 08/24/16 03:27 PM Re: Wet Money RBanker
The OG Zaibatsu Offline
Diamond Poster
The OG Zaibatsu
Texas
Randy--I didn't say that because it was too obvious, thus, I figured they didn't want to do that. The business can buy the portable dryer or build their own. My guess is that most "wet" businesses have some sort of dryer for cash, and use it before making a deposit. Call Schlitterbahn or Six Flags and ask them what they do.

Return to Top
#2094999 - 08/24/16 04:41 PM Re: Wet Money RBanker
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I may have found something - an RV spin dryer - not sure how it will work with currency, but it cannot hurt. Randy, yours is a good idea - I could have a separate handling fee for 'distressed' currency....

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z