Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2094993 - 08/24/16 04:33 PM Privacy Notice on our Website
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
I am having a disagreement with a co-worker about our privacy notice. Is it REQUIRED to be on our website? We are a small bank so customers can't open anything on line. We share with no one so our privacy notice is the basic. I'm lean towards putting it out there and side on caution, co-worker says not necessary but if it would be me feel better. GRRRRR. I just want to know is it required?
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2094995 - 08/24/16 04:36 PM Re: Privacy Notice on our Website GrannieTwo
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
https://www.federalregister.gov/articles...ct-regulation-p

Section I (Summary of the Rule) Paragraph 2. Yes, it is required to be on your website.

Return to Top
#2094997 - 08/24/16 04:40 PM Re: Privacy Notice on our Website GrannieTwo
ComplyGuy Offline
Gold Star
Putting it on the website is not required, but is an option for certain situations.

1. The only time privacy notices are required any more is at account opening. An annual notice is no longer required as long as you meet the criteria defined in the recently passed FAST Act. Here is a thread about it https://www.bankersonline.com/forum/ubbt...ted#Post2052740

2. If you do not meet the criteria and are still required to have an annual notice, then putting it on the website is one option of doing that. But, you must also put in customers statements a message letting them know that it is available on the website.

3. If you are required to send an annual notice you can still send it out by mail and not do the alternative method of putting it on the website.

Return to Top
#2094998 - 08/24/16 04:40 PM Re: Privacy Notice on our Website GrannieTwo
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
No, it is not required. The issue has evolved. See page 10 of the current Interagency Examination Procedures for Regulation P.

Return to Top
#2095002 - 08/24/16 05:01 PM Re: Privacy Notice on our Website GrannieTwo
GrannieTwo Offline
100 Club
Central IL
Thank you.
For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2Cor 12:10

Return to Top