Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2096136 - 08/30/16 07:24 PM Removing ATM - notices?
SmallBank2 Offline
SmallBank2
We will be discontinuing the ATM service at one of our three branch locations. We do not accept ATM deposits. Is there a notice period we must abide by or can we simply discontinue the ATM function? ATM service will still be available at the other two branches.

I have searched the forum and have not found information regarding this topic - if it is a repeat, please direct me to the thread if you can! Thanks!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2096141 - 08/30/16 07:29 PM Re: Removing ATM - notices? SmallBank2
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Any notice required would be found in State law, if it exists. Why wouldn't you put a sign on it anyway to inform your customer.

Return to Top
#2096144 - 08/30/16 07:33 PM Re: Removing ATM - notices? SmallBank2
SmallBank2 Offline
SmallBank2
We would absolutely put a sign on the machine itself until it's removal but I wanted to be certain on a length of notice prior to it being disabled as we would like to cease it's use in the next couple days if allowable. I will look in State Statute to see if I can find anything. Thanks so much rlcarey!

Return to Top
#2096401 - 08/31/16 07:30 PM Re: Removing ATM - notices? SmallBank2
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Closing an ATM is not at the level of closing a branch, but it may still be addressed in your Branch Closing Policy.

Ensure your CRA file is updated with ATM location changes and if this branch serves LMIs who now have to go a distance to get to another ATM that you've justified this closure.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2096857 - 09/02/16 06:28 PM Re: Removing ATM - notices? SmallBank2
Sunshine Lady Offline
Platinum Poster
Sunshine Lady
ATM Closing

Regulators do not require notification when a Bank closes an ATM. ATMs are exempt from branch closing requirements.

I do agree that with putting a sign on the machine until it is removed.

Return to Top
#2097825 - 09/09/16 08:47 PM Re: Removing ATM - notices? SmallBank2
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If you are in a state like Massachusetts and hold a state charter, you will need to notify a state agency of the closing.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top