Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#209678 - 07/12/04 02:44 PM EEOC poster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Currently the Bank only posts the EEOC poster in the mail room of the Bank. Does the law also require this poster to be posted in the lobby also, for all applicants to see?

Return to Top
Human Resources
#209679 - 07/12/04 03:00 PM Re: EEOC poster
Anonymous
Unregistered

Also, when does the person become an applicant? Is it when they pick up the application or when they fill out the application and turn it into the Bank or when they are interviewed for a position?

Return to Top
#209680 - 07/12/04 11:35 PM Re: EEOC poster
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I can only tell you that I have it listed on my list of required signage with these comments:

"Required to be visible to job applicants and employees, 42 USC 2000e-10(a). This poster should include five parts, and if not in a combined poster, individual signs must be posted in the manager's office or lobby. The five laws are: Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and OSHA's Plain Language "It's The Law"."

It isn't something I studied, but if what you believe to be someone applying for a job isn't going through your mail room, it isn't sufficient. The lobby, branch manager or other person who may be doing the interview, etc is where it needs to be.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#209681 - 07/13/04 03:51 PM Re: EEOC poster
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
This topic is covered in detail in the HR Department Manual in the Bookstore.

Return to Top
#209682 - 07/13/04 07:30 PM Re: EEOC poster
Neytiri Offline
Platinum Poster
Neytiri
Pandora
Don't feel bad; ours is in our mail room also. I don't think this is a "conspicuous" enough place. And applicants for employment certainly don't see it.

I have mentioned this to upper management, and was told
"We don't have any other place to put it".

Return to Top
#209683 - 07/13/04 09:07 PM Re: EEOC poster
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Quote:

Don't feel bad; ours is in our mail room also. I don't think this is a "conspicuous" enough place. And applicants for employment certainly don't see it.

I have mentioned this to upper management, and was told
"We don't have any other place to put it".

That's why ours is in our kitchenette.

Return to Top
#209684 - 01/25/05 07:14 PM Re: EEOC poster
Anonymous
Unregistered

If we advertise job openings on our web site (don't we all), do we just need to post Equal Opportunity Employer? What reg would you site to indicate that it is a required disclosure?

Return to Top
#209685 - 01/25/05 07:25 PM Re: EEOC poster
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I'm not sure if this is the one you mean but I refer to a 5-in-1 employment poster in my signage workpapers. It is required to be visible to job applicants and employees, under 42 USC 2000e-10(a). This poster should include five parts, and if not in a combined poster, individual signs must be posted. The five laws are: Equal Employment Opportunity Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Employee Polygraph Protection Act, Family Medical Leave Act, and OSHA’s Plain Language “It’s The Law”.

But I am not sure if it is needed on a web page or if it would be sufficient that they see it otherwise, in the bank. I suppose if they can be hired over the Net/phone it would be advisable.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#209686 - 01/26/05 10:03 PM Re: EEOC poster
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
Quote:

If we advertise job openings on our web site (don't we all), do we just need to post Equal Opportunity Employer? What reg would you site to indicate that it is a required disclosure?

Unless you are required to have an affirmative action plan you do not need to put the tagline "An EEO employer m/f/d/v" in your advertisements including your website. However it is always a great HR practice to do so anyway.

Return to Top
#209687 - 01/29/05 05:19 PM Re: EEOC poster
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Bob, what does that stand for, m/f/d/v?

Return to Top
#209688 - 01/29/05 07:55 PM Re: EEOC poster
Sisyphus Offline
100 Club
Sisyphus
Connecticut
Male, female, disabled, veterans.

Return to Top
#209689 - 01/29/05 11:08 PM Re: EEOC poster
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
That is what I thought it may be, but I never saw a definitive answer.

Return to Top
#209690 - 01/29/05 11:52 PM Re: EEOC poster
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
we keep one near the lunchroom and another set in HR where all applicants go at some point.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#209691 - 01/31/05 06:34 PM Re: EEOC poster
Bob McComas Offline
Platinum Poster
Bob McComas
Dallas, Texas
Sorry about that Andy. It stands for: male/female/disabled/veteran

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry