Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2097083 - 09/06/16 07:58 PM CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
The bank has a line a credit to a non-profit organization that is reviewed and renewed annually. Typically, funds are used to bridge the gap in receipt of grants and governmental funding.

We have been counting this as a Community Development loan (CDL) annually, however the lender indicated that he was under the impression that we can report the renewal annually, for up to five years. I am not familiar with this caveat in the CRA and was wondering if anyone is familiar with the five year limitation.

Thank you in advance.

Return to Top
CRA
#2097093 - 09/06/16 08:11 PM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
IMO you can report the annual renewal (which I would in the total $ and count) but the examiners will certainly see that it is a renewal to the same organization as they'll probably request a spreadsheet of individual CDLs prior to an exam. As far as any increment it wouldn't be in five year increments it would be your exam cycle (whatever that may be 2-3 years).

Return to Top
#2097103 - 09/06/16 08:18 PM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Report means to me 1) Included in annual submission and 2) presenting to examiners at exam time.

For simplification purposes - lets say we were examined every 7 years (wouldn't that be nice). The lender is saying that we can only submit and report this annually up to five years, so at exam time we would present the renewal 5 times not 7 times.

Return to Top
#2097358 - 09/07/16 11:16 PM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Where is he getting that?
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2097359 - 09/07/16 11:54 PM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
News to me smile

so... if your exam cycle is three years, wouldn't you receive credit for all three years?

Return to Top
#2097371 - 09/08/16 09:55 AM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Seems as if the bank had a rogue examiner a few exams back and no one seem to question his guidance. Subsequently his interpretations were communicated to field Associates. Thanks.
Last edited by Tennismom; 09/08/16 10:37 AM.
Return to Top
#2097419 - 09/08/16 01:59 PM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
Len S Offline
Diamond Poster
Connecticut
There is no 5 year limitation. You are entitled to get credit each and every year the line is "renewed" or "refinanced" providing it meets the definition of "renewal" or "refinanced" as defined in CRA. This is the same treatment for small business and small farm loans or lines of credit.

Return to Top
#2097999 - 09/12/16 05:02 PM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
Mel in WA Offline
Diamond Poster
It is OK to count a renewal each year even if there's no new money? Also, can we count a change in terms (i.e. rate adjustment) that takes place the next year after the initial origination?

Return to Top
#2098221 - 09/13/16 03:48 PM Re: CDL - Annual Renewal of Line of Credit Tennismom
Mel in WA Offline
Diamond Poster
Bump

Return to Top