Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2097315 - 09/07/16 07:36 PM BSA Training for Mortgage Lenders
skitts Offline
Good afternoon, all -

In a few weeks I will be conducting my first BSA training to our Mortgage dept, but I am unsure as to what sort of resources there are. Do any of you have any online resources I can peruse? This is one area I have yet to build a resource library, so anything at this point would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2097336 - 09/07/16 08:19 PM Re: BSA Training for Mortgage Lenders skitts
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
If you pull together your own materials you will be more than competent to do the presentation when "training day" arrives.

Slide show that popped up in response to a Google search using your key terms. (It was not the only thing that came up.)

Return to Top
#2097337 - 09/07/16 08:21 PM Re: BSA Training for Mortgage Lenders skitts
Big Dog Offline
Power Poster
Big Dog
Kennel
Always good to start with FinCEN information.

https://www.fincen.gov/statutes_regs/guidance/html/FIN-2012-A009.html

Return to Top
#2097348 - 09/07/16 09:48 PM Re: BSA Training for Mortgage Lenders skitts
Tabbetha, CRCM Offline
Biloxi, Mississippi
I also used the FinCEN info mentioned by Big Dog. In addition, I had several pages of information which covered BSA, the pillars of the program, CIP, US Patriot statement, and several scenarios to help a lender identify suspicious activity. Also on the bankers online page, there are several docs that were helpful to me. You can find them here: https://www.bankersonline.com/tools/42760

Return to Top
#2097363 - 09/08/16 01:08 AM Re: BSA Training for Mortgage Lenders skitts
Ofur Offline
New Poster
MA
Always useful to include a couple of mortgage fraud indictments via press releases from your local US attorney (www.justice.gov) website as these demonstrate that behavior unbecoming of individuals does happen locally and is prosecuted. The FinCEN SAR stats can also be searched for mortgage fraud by state. Both usually prompt discussion.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z