Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2096963 - 09/06/16 01:53 PM Transfer Deed
MyOhMyWeComply Offline
100 Club
Texas
What changes if we allow an existing investment property mortgage transfer the deed from the individual name into an LLC?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2096967 - 09/06/16 02:13 PM Re: Transfer Deed MyOhMyWeComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Changes to what? Sounds like a legal question.

Return to Top
#2096969 - 09/06/16 02:26 PM Re: Transfer Deed MyOhMyWeComply
MyOhMyWeComply Offline
100 Club
Texas
Our customer is purchasing several rental properties and wants to change the name on the Deed of this existing loan from his personal name to his newly created LLC name...

If nothing else changes except the name on the Deed does that make our note invalid at that point?

I'm thinking no, since the obligation still falls on the individual, the property is just being held in the LLCs name... I hope that makes better sense...

Return to Top
#2096979 - 09/06/16 03:00 PM Re: Transfer Deed MyOhMyWeComply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You are asking a legal question and much of it will be based on State law You need to ask your legal counsel for guidance on the best way to handle this.

Return to Top
#2097413 - 09/08/16 01:49 PM Re: Transfer Deed MyOhMyWeComply
Dog Lady Offline
We did something similar once. We needed a new mortgage, and since our documents referenced mortgage information, we re-documented the whole loan. We involved a title company and got an MRT endorsement (because it was deeded and it didn't make sense to pay MRT since no new funds were advanced and new mortgages are generally associated with new money). There could be another way, that was just how we handled it in our state.

I agree with rclarey of course, legal should probably be involved.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z