Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2097877 - 09/10/16 02:19 AM BSA Compliance Calendar with Due Dates
ComplianceOfficer43215 Offline
New Poster
Does anyone have a checklist with important compliance dates or some type of BSA compliance calendar with due dates for periodic reporting? And I don't mean a reminder to submit CTRs within 15 days after the transaction took place but something that includes such information as 'the form TD F 90-22.50 is an annual report of all property blocked or funds retained that is required to be filed by September 30th' etc. I feel like the BSA Officer in my old bank had to file an annual report by the end of January with such information as the number/total amount of all ACH transactions in prior year and if there were significant fluctuations in the number of such transactions compared to the year before she had to explain it. I can't remember whether that report was just our internal requirement or required by our regulators... I searched on the internet but did not find anything similar. Any thoughts?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2097892 - 09/12/16 02:17 AM Re: BSA Compliance Calendar with Due Dates ComplianceOfficer43215
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
If you are an OCC bank, you must complete the Money Laundering Risk Assessment (MLR) by the designated due date in either mid-January or early February. The OCC sends emails to the designated contact generally in November to advise that the forms are open for submission. The data requested encompasses the timeframe between October 1 of the previous year and September 30th of the current year. Your EIC should be able to tell you who the current contacts listed for your institution are.

Note this does not apply to institutions regulated by the FDIC or Federal Reserve.

Return to Top
#2097976 - 09/12/16 04:00 PM Re: BSA Compliance Calendar with Due Dates ComplianceOfficer43215
ComplianceOfficer43215 Offline
New Poster
Thank you, Brian. This is helpful to know.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z