Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#209928 - 07/12/04 10:21 PM CRA Classes
BEE Offline
New Poster
BEE
Somewhere in the middle
We just went over the $250 mark and I need to start setting up an Outstanding CRA program for our bank. Can anyone recomend some classes that I can take to better understand CRA and how best to keep track of everything. Thanks

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#209929 - 07/12/04 10:46 PM Re: CRA Classes
cbinder63 Offline

Platinum Poster
cbinder63
Colorado
A great place to start:
Follow Dawnie around for a few years.

Return to Top
#209930 - 07/12/04 10:53 PM Re: CRA Classes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
1) You must be over $250 for two consecutive year ends to be a large bank. If this year end is your first, you have time. If this year end is your second, get at it. (228.12(t))

2)Talk to your examiner. Ask them to make a presentation to your board and/or senior management on the transition. This will help explain to everyone what is needed and why. It will also help on the resources if you really want to go the extra mile for the outstanding.

3) Decide if Outstanding is really worth it to you and why. The big difference between a Sat and Out is often a cost that may not provide other returns in dollars and cents, but only bragging rights.

4) Look at some of the tools mentioned in other threads by Dawnie and myself touting some Dallas FRB matrices. They provide "at a glance" differences between the ratings and requirements.

5) PCi has an excellent annual colloquium on CRA and fair lending. It is very targeted, is nationally recognized and is not a sales pitch for anything they offer. This is coming up in 4 months, Nov.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#209931 - 07/12/04 11:23 PM Re: CRA Classes
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z