BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2100317 - 09/26/16 03:44 PM Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
and please, we can do this without violating the code of BOL non-political discussion
Will you be watching the Presidential Debate?
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 09/26/16 03:43 PM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2100337 - 09/26/16 04:46 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Purple Pride Offline
Purple Pride
Where I am supposed to be
Teaching my son about how the election process works and so I thought watching the debates would be a good way to spur discussion. Not sure this is the best year for that, but gotta use the materials available.

Return to Top
#2100338 - 09/26/16 04:50 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll Purple Pride
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
the election process works ???

it doesn't.

It makes as much sense as the Viking going 3 and 0 vs. quality teams. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2100341 - 09/26/16 05:00 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Wolfy Offline
Wolfy
Mid West
Not that I want to watch it, but it is like a train wreck

Return to Top
#2100345 - 09/26/16 05:03 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
It might be worth it to make a drinking game out of the debate. Then at least there will be good reason to be sickened by it all. laugh

Return to Top
#2100350 - 09/26/16 05:11 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
I didn't watch Poldark Season 2 Episode 1 last night - I saved it for tonight so I wouldn't even have to turn on the TV but can watch online.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#2100358 - 09/26/16 05:22 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I'm going to watch at least a little bit of it, though I wish they wouldn't hold third party candidates to the polling number condition. Having some other opinions in the mix might hold my interest longer.

Return to Top
#2100361 - 09/26/16 05:26 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
The message to 3rd party candidates: we feel that not enough people are aware of your positions so we have decided to not give you a venue in which you can make your opinions known to the greatest number of people.

Can anyone explain to me how a poll condition benefits the people?

Return to Top
#2100367 - 09/26/16 05:42 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Can anyone explain to me how a poll condition benefits the people?

Simple it ends some of the confusion and allows you to vote for one of the two candidates select by the political machines.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2100369 - 09/26/16 05:47 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll GuitarDude
Third Trip Offline
Wow!! I also suggested the drinking game to an associate this morning. That may be the only way to make this watchable.

Return to Top
#2100376 - 09/26/16 05:57 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
BBoyd Offline
Diamond Poster
BBoyd
MI

Return to Top
#2100378 - 09/26/16 06:00 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
Although he sometimes has trouble articulating his positions, Gary Johnson would look like the voice of reason amid two petulant children.

Return to Top
#2100382 - 09/26/16 06:07 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
"Gary Johnson would look like the voice of reason amid two petulant children."

Just don't ask anything about Aleppo, since he apparently doesn't watch the news.

BBoyd, I like that drinking game, but I might be done after the first 15 minutes.

Return to Top
#2100385 - 09/26/16 06:17 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Soccer Offline
Diamond Poster
Utopia
Did anyone see Gary Johnson and the tongue tied story? The reporter that was sitting there doing the interview, her reaction was priceless! Made me giggle.

Return to Top
#2100387 - 09/26/16 06:22 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Iowa Compliance Gal Offline
Iowa
I will watch until they start their childish name calling and immature behavior then off goes the TV, I am guessing in the first 5 minutes. It will definitely be a train wreck and I agree with MyBrain, we will be out in 15 minutes in this drinking game!

Return to Top
#2100389 - 09/26/16 06:22 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll BBoyd
GuitarDude Online
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Originally Posted By BBoyd

I like it! Might need to stop by the liquor store on the way home...

Return to Top
#2100390 - 09/26/16 06:30 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll Soccer
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
When I got back to the office, I was thinking that Happy may have started a Monday night debate bar. Glad I checked in!

Don't know what this says about me, but, like PP, I am attempting to engage my children and therefore will watch with them, but, .....like GD, I'd rather make a game of it. And, like walden, I'd really rather be watching Poldark!

Return to Top
#2100392 - 09/26/16 06:41 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I fear for anyone's liver that's engaged in this drinking game. Seriously I foresee some real potential for alcohol poisoning.

I probably won't watch. I've got some DVR saved up for just such an occasion. I too wish they would have allowed Gary Johnson on the debate stage. He's far from the perfect candidate and he's not always the most articulate but he's GOT to be better than the 2 idiots we've got.

Return to Top
#2100414 - 09/26/16 07:32 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, my youngest son (now age 20) is a full time college student with a part time job, and was all about Bernie Sanders and the free stuff movement, until he did his taxes this year and realized that free stuff would be coming form him and his part time job - suddenly he is a staunch, fiscally conservative, republican!

Return to Top
#2100429 - 09/26/16 08:09 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Little Miss BSA Offline
Diamond Poster
Little Miss BSA
Miami
LOL Happy same from my (soon to be 20 year old) daughters. Bernie this Bernie that...wait who's Uncle Sam and why is all my money going to him....

Return to Top
#2100454 - 09/26/16 09:19 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Need Coffee Offline
Need Coffee
Down South
You know you are reaching when the biggest criticism of a candidate is he didn't recognize a name of a city in a foreign country.

Return to Top
#2100481 - 09/26/16 11:22 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
And he had the humility to admit his mistake.

"This morning, I began my day by setting aside any doubt that I'm human. Yes, I understand the dynamics of the Syrian conflict — I talk about them every day," Johnson said in a statement to POLITICO. "But hit with 'What about Aleppo?' I immediately was thinking about an acronym, not the Syrian conflict. I blanked. It happens, and it will happen again during the course of this campaign. Can I name every city in Syria? No. Should I have identified Aleppo? Yes. Do I understand its significance? Yes."

I certainly don't agree with him on everything, but he earned more respect in my eyes for this response than anything the others have spewed out.

Return to Top
#2100494 - 09/27/16 11:37 AM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I find it hard to respect a man who is the CEO of a federally illegal company who is running for the highest federal position that is causing nothing but trouble for banks in State legal marijuana states, but everyone should have their own opinion

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/former-gov-gary-johnson-named-ceo-of-marijuana-company/

CAMS

Return to Top
#2100495 - 09/27/16 11:41 AM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
The results are in: Media that wants Trump to win has it a victory for Trump and Media for Hillary has her winning.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2100496 - 09/27/16 12:06 PM Re: Will you be watching the Pres. debate poll HappyGilmore
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
We watched about the first 20-25 minutes and when they started arguing we shut it off.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2