Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2102351 - 10/07/16 05:51 PM Weblinking Third Party Credit Card Issuer
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
We offer branded credit cards issued through a 3rd party. The issuer wants us to include a banner on our webpage that includes an "Apply Now" link. I know that we need to set up the speed bump, but is there anything else we need to do from a disclosure standpoint?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#2103138 - 10/14/16 10:42 PM Re: Weblinking Third Party Credit Card Issuer Dani York, CRCM
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I wouldn't think so, "you're leaving our site, this site may have different policies..." I'm not sure what else could be said.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2103234 - 10/17/16 03:45 PM Re: Weblinking Third Party Credit Card Issuer Dani York, CRCM
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thanks Andy. I finally got the finished weblink from the issuer. When I get to their page, there is nothing showing their name. No mouseprint that they are even running the site. They branded the whole page, so it looks like a bank controlled site. Shouldn't there at least be a disclosure somewhere on the site that they are the issuer/creditor?

Return to Top
#2157631 - 12/18/17 10:36 PM Re: Weblinking Third Party Credit Card Issuer Dani York, CRCM
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
I'm wondering the same thing. Dani - were you able to get any further guidance on this? In reading the 3rd party weblinking guidance, it would appear that even though the bank's name is all over the page, we'd still have to have the speedbump as this is a third party product.
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z