Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#2103860 - 10/20/16 02:14 PM Re: BRANSON, MO Bbgreen
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
After living in Myrtle Beach (which is essentially Branson at the Beach) for 5 years, I have no desire to go to Branson (nor back to Myrtle Beach). Give me a nice national or state park in the mountains any day of the week over those tourist traps.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2103924 - 10/20/16 05:31 PM Re: BRANSON, MO Bbgreen
sooner_bourne Offline
New Poster
I love reading everyone's posts on Branson. They're funny. My in-laws live in Branson so we go a lot. I have no recommendations for places to stay for that reason. However, I second any suggestions for Silver Dollar City, Dixie Stampede, Branson Landing (good "mainstream" restaurants and good shopping), and the dinner cruise on the lake (Branson Belle I think). We also hike around Table Rock Lake sometimes. They have good hiking trails there. For restaurants you are almost required to go to Lamberts Café so they can throw some rolls at you. We have fun each time we go to Branson. It may not be "sophisticated" fun but we always have fun.

Return to Top
#2104138 - 10/21/16 07:07 PM Re: BRANSON, MO sooner_bourne
Bbgreen Offline
Texas
Originally Posted By sooner_bourne
I love reading everyone's posts on Branson. They're funny. My in-laws live in Branson so we go a lot. I have no recommendations for places to stay for that reason. However, I second any suggestions for Silver Dollar City, Dixie Stampede, Branson Landing (good "mainstream" restaurants and good shopping), and the dinner cruise on the lake (Branson Belle I think). We also hike around Table Rock Lake sometimes. They have good hiking trails there. For restaurants you are almost required to go to Lamberts Café so they can throw some rolls at you. We have fun each time we go to Branson. It may not be "sophisticated" fun but we always have fun.

My boss always goes every chance he gets so I was surprised to see all the negative on it! We will see, I think we might try it out.

Return to Top
#2104171 - 10/21/16 08:57 PM Re: BRANSON, MO Bbgreen
10ACBanker Offline
10ACBanker
10AC (TN)
The Shepherd of the Hills outdoor play is always a fun time. Very appropriate for all ages!

Return to Top
#2104590 - 10/25/16 09:34 PM Re: BRANSON, MO Bbgreen
Gioia Offline
I live very close to Branson, and I do not enjoy the touristy stuff there either, but to each their own. The traffic tells a different story, people obviously love it there! With that being said, I do still like Silver Dollar City, especially just seeing how many improvements they have made over the years. I do still enjoy eating at Lamberts, also, it isn't too much of a drive, and definitely unique. Oh, and I almost forgot that I have done some of the escape rooms in Branson that I enjoyed! As for lodging, living so close I have never stayed at any of these places, but I have been inside Chateau on the Lake (they hold the annual EPCOR conference there) and it seemed very nice. Also have seen Big Cedar Lodge and would love to stay there sometime. If you decide to venture just outside Branson at all, I would have plenty more recommendations, the Ozarks are a beautiful place! I have seen most of what there is to see in Branson as well if you end up having specific questions.

Return to Top
#2104598 - 10/25/16 09:58 PM Re: BRANSON, MO Bbgreen
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
If you're an outdoors person, staying on Table Rock lake is certainly a fun time. It's beautiful and incredibly deep in some places (we were showing 120+ feet at times). The water is crystal clear, too, so you can see a long way and it's a blast to swim in. The fishing is pretty good, too!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2