Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2104125 - 10/21/16 06:37 PM Draw down line of credit for a flip house..
Winning Offline
Draw down line of credit for a flip house..would this be reported? I am questioning because its the purchase, improve, and sale. However, its set up like a construction loan by being a draw down loc...

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2104127 - 10/21/16 06:45 PM Re: Draw down line of credit for a flip house.. Winning
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
These are still closed end loans, so they aren't optional reporting. They don't qualify for the temporary financing exemption because repayment will be from the sale of the property. We report these.

Return to Top
#2104128 - 10/21/16 06:48 PM Re: Draw down line of credit for a flip house.. Winning
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Draw down line of credit for a flip house..would this be reported?

I am assuming this is loan to purchase, renovate and sell the "flip-house". If that assumption is correct you have a splash and dash loan which would be reportable as a purchase.

http://www.ffiec.gov/hmda/faqreg.htm

Return to Top
#2104235 - 10/24/16 03:25 PM Re: Draw down line of credit for a flip house.. Winning
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
First, I agree.
Second, I encourage you not to use the word "line of credit" when discussing a closed-end loan. In HMDA and other regulations, there's big differences between Lines (open-end, revolving) and Loans (closed-end, either multiple advance or single advance). When you use the term "line of credit" but you're referring to a closed-end loan, it often causes confusion.

Return to Top
#2199997 - 12/06/18 05:41 PM Re: Draw down line of credit for a flip house.. Winning
clinds Offline
Reviving a thread, I have the same question; however, the only difference is the draw down (closed-end loan) is to improve the home and then sell it. Customer paid cash and then is going to get a draw down (closed-end loan) to fix the house and sell it. I believe this is reportable as a home improvement instead of a purchase as the previous scenario. Correct?

Return to Top
#2199998 - 12/06/18 05:43 PM Re: Draw down line of credit for a flip house.. Winning
burke116 Offline
Platinum Poster
Petersburg, VA
Correct.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM