Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2105297 - 10/31/16 05:16 PM Halloween Plans?
Busy Bee, CRCM Offline
Diamond Poster
PacificNW
Anyone have plans for Halloween?

Our girls are with their mom this year, so we don't have any younger ones to dress up and take out trick or treating. We are going to go to the Harvest Party at our church and cook hot dogs for all the kids and parents. I think it will still be fun to see all the little ones dressed up, even if they're not my kiddos!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2105302 - 10/31/16 05:19 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
I will be stopping by my mom's house to check out my grandkids and nephew. Then will scoot home. We live out in the country, far back off the road, so we don't get trick or treaters.

Return to Top
#2105303 - 10/31/16 05:21 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
I will be working and by the time I get home no more Treators.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2105313 - 10/31/16 05:48 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
Going to take the little one trick or treating. He's a yellow ninja today. The bigger boy (10) is way too cool to trick or treat so he's going to have a shaving cream war with his buddies. On Halloween our tiny town lets all the older kids have a shaving cream war as long as there is no property damage and no little kids are creamed. It's a pretty fun time!

Return to Top
#2105315 - 10/31/16 06:12 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
locking the door and having dinner with a flashlight.

Return to Top
#2105318 - 10/31/16 06:15 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Retired DQ
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By DeeQ

Just another Monday dinner at DeeQ's?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2105327 - 10/31/16 06:31 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Retired DQ
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
Originally Posted By DeeQ
grin

Return to Top
#2105374 - 10/31/16 09:06 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

Dahmer, table for 2?

Return to Top
#2105375 - 10/31/16 09:08 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Our neighborhood is pretty spread out so I'm going to take the candy to the kids. I've borrowed a white panel van and am going to drive around and give the kids candy.

CRCM

Return to Top
#2105377 - 10/31/16 09:09 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
bike ride...so by the time I get home hopefully any that were going to come have done and gone...but we have not had one in the past 4 years, so likely none tonight, either

Return to Top
#2105379 - 10/31/16 09:27 PM Re: Halloween Plans? HappyGilmore
Peach Offline
100 Club
Peach
Out West
Out in the country no trick or treaters for over 25yrs. Maybe I will say Boo to the dog/cat/bird/hubby....see what happens..

Return to Top
#2105389 - 11/01/16 12:39 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Probably only had 70-80 trick-or-treaters last night. Last year we had over 120 and have had over 150 in previous years. Kids were polite - and the tiny ones are just the cutest!

Return to Top
#2105391 - 11/01/16 12:53 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
peony Offline
Gold Star
peony
our little one enjoyed her first Halloween last night. she went as a cabbage patch doll with my own cabbage patch doll that my parents brought 30 years ago. they had matching hairdos and outfits. turned out way better than i thought! her dad and i enjoyed our time, visiting and getting candy!

Return to Top
#2105450 - 11/01/16 04:16 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
bayou banker11 Offline
New Poster
We only had 2 trick or treaters last night. (last year we had hundreds) Our entire neighborhood including every neighborhood within 20 miles, flooded in August. We didn't expect many, most of us are living in a shell of a house, but we bought candy just in case.

Return to Top
#2105451 - 11/01/16 04:19 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
After Sandy my wife and daughter went trick or treating but gave out candy to the houses that sustained damages.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2105560 - 11/01/16 08:29 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
EB, CAMS Offline
100 Club
EB, CAMS
flyover country
this was our first year to not have kids that dressed up and trick or treated. It was kinda sad. Only had one small group of visitors all night. Sometimes kids growing up is a little depressing.

Return to Top
#2105561 - 11/01/16 08:30 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
OldeTymeBanker Offline
I had enough candy for 170 Trick or Treaters. Still ran out about 7:40. Last year we only had about 130, so I thought I was safe. We had one adorable Elsa come to the door, maybe 3 or 4yo. My husband says, "Oh, you're Elsa." She says, "But, I am not the REAL Elsa. Not the real one."

Return to Top
#2105570 - 11/01/16 09:04 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
MyBrainHurts Offline
Platinum Poster
Illinois
In our town, we have an enormous parade on Halloween, so the kids trick or treat on October 30. We had 249 kids come to our house. They start at 6, and they were starting to taper off about 8:30 so we shut off the lights and save the last bit of candy for ourselves.

Our bank won Grand Champion Float for the fourth consecutive year. Considering there were over 100 entries, we feel proud. We spend a lot of hours evenings and weekends building it every year. We have some creative artistic people, but we've learned the key elements are lots of lights, motion, children on the float, and something that explodes, smokes or makes an unexpected noise.

The parade goes past one of our branches, so we set up bleachers, tables and chairs, bounce houses and tents for a pre-parade party for the community. We passed out 100 pizzas by the slice, six cases of apples, sliced with caramel, and hot chocolate, which was unnecessary since it was 70 degrees at parade time. Between finishing the float in the morning and setting up and tearing down the party, I spent over 12 hours on my feet yesterday.

Return to Top
#2105578 - 11/01/16 09:28 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
We heard from the kids, "Oh I like your dogs!"

Surprise kids! They were just pigs. Everyone was shocked when we told them but loved petting them smile

Return to Top
#2105584 - 11/01/16 09:49 PM Re: Halloween Plans? MyBrainHurts
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By MyBrainHurts
In our town, we have an enormous parade on Halloween, so the kids trick or treat on October 30. We had 249 kids come to our house. They start at 6, and they were starting to taper off about 8:30 so we shut off the lights and save the last bit of candy for ourselves.

Our bank won Grand Champion Float for the fourth consecutive year. Considering there were over 100 entries, we feel proud. We spend a lot of hours evenings and weekends building it every year. We have some creative artistic people, but we've learned the key elements are lots of lights, motion, children on the float, and something that explodes, smokes or makes an unexpected noise.

The parade goes past one of our branches, so we set up bleachers, tables and chairs, bounce houses and tents for a pre-parade party for the community. We passed out 100 pizzas by the slice, six cases of apples, sliced with caramel, and hot chocolate, which was unnecessary since it was 70 degrees at parade time. Between finishing the float in the morning and setting up and tearing down the party, I spent over 12 hours on my feet yesterday.

Oh my gosh! I think your celebration takes the prize! Wowza, that's impressive. smile

Return to Top
#2105585 - 11/01/16 09:55 PM Re: Halloween Plans? Busy Bee, CRCM
CompliantOkie Offline
Gold Star
CompliantOkie
OOOOOOklahoma
I want to go to your town MBH! That sounds like so much fun.

Return to Top
#2105591 - 11/02/16 02:32 AM Re: Halloween Plans? CompliantOkie
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Road Trip! Next year we will all go stay at MBH's house, take a bank tour, and watch the parade! MBH, please flesh out your profile so we can find our way.

Return to Top