Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2106489 - 11/08/16 10:07 PM ARM Notices - End of Draw HELOCS
jlroberts Offline
Diamond Poster
jlroberts
Ohio
Our end of draw HELOCS will still be an adjustable rate according to the WSJ on the last day of each month, which means that the payment can change monthly based on the remaining balance even though the rate may not change. Does anyone do these now? If so how are you complying with the requirement to send an ARM notice at least 60 days prior to the change when you don't know what prime will be that far in advance?

Return to Top
Mortgage Servicing Rules
#2106500 - 11/08/16 10:54 PM Re: ARM Notices - End of Draw HELOCS jlroberts
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You don't send ARM notices on HELOCs. They remain open-end credits and are subject to the periodic statement disclosure requirements.

Return to Top
#2106504 - 11/08/16 11:33 PM Re: ARM Notices - End of Draw HELOCS jlroberts
jlroberts Offline
Diamond Poster
jlroberts
Ohio
Our core processor is telling us that once they are at end of draw and go into P&I payments that the notice is required because the P&I can change monthly (depending on if the borrower pays extra, 30 vs 31 days in the month, etc).
Last edited by jlroberts; 11/08/16 11:37 PM.
Return to Top
#2106507 - 11/08/16 11:41 PM Re: ARM Notices - End of Draw HELOCS jlroberts
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Your core processor is wrong, unless you are refinancing the HELOC into a closed-end loan, they remain subject to all of the open-end rules. What they are probably trying to tell you is that they don't have the ability to process a HELOC that has reached the repayment only phase and they are giving you some cockamainy story- I know of at least one core loan system that can't..

Return to Top