BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2070212 - 03/21/16 05:09 PM Mobile Home Conversion
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
I know in Kentucky you can surrender a title to a mobile home and convert the mobile home to real estate. However, do you know if it is possible to take the converted real estate and "re-convert" it to personal property? I was under the impression that once the title was surrendered the mobile home no longer qualified as personal property. Has anything changed in the KRS that would allow someone to undue a real estate conversion? Any help would be appreciated.

Return to Top
#2072868 - 04/07/16 05:04 PM Re: Mobile Home Conversion Irishguy
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
Anyone?

Return to Top
#2072956 - 04/07/16 09:12 PM Re: Mobile Home Conversion Irishguy
Peach Offline
100 Club
Peach
Out West
Check with the county assessor or whomever handles the purging process. In Colorado it is the assessor and yes you can revert a purged title back to personal property. I just know of Colorado.
Last edited by Peach; 04/07/16 09:14 PM.
Return to Top
#2074888 - 04/20/16 07:06 PM Re: Mobile Home Conversion Irishguy
thigh Offline
New Poster
thigh
Kentucky
Don't see any changes, this it the last that I read: (1) When a manufactured home is or is to be permanently affixed to real estate, the owner may execute and file an affidavit of conversion to real estate with the county clerk of the county in which the real estate is located. The affidavit shall attest to the fact that the home has been or will be permanently affixed to the real estate and be accompanied by a surrender of the Kentucky certificate of title. The county clerk shall file the affidavit of conversion to real estate in the miscellaneous record book.
(2) A county clerk shall not accept a surrender of a Kentucky certificate of title which displays an unreleased lien unless it is accompanied by a release of the lien. When the county clerk files the affidavit of conversion to real estate, the county clerk shall furnish a copy to the property valuation administrator for inclusion in the real property tax rolls of the county. A filing of an affidavit of conversion to real estate and a surrender of a Kentucky certificate of title shall be deemed a conversion of the property as an improvement to the real estate upon which it is located.

Return to Top
#2106716 - 11/09/16 08:01 PM Re: Mobile Home Conversion Irishguy
Live 2 Comply Offline
Gold Star
Live 2 Comply
This is related to an affidavit of conversion. We typically have the surrender of the title mentioned in the mortgage. Is that required or just our practice?

Return to Top
#2107646 - 11/16/16 09:50 PM Re: Mobile Home Conversion Live 2 Comply
tuma Offline
Gold Star
Here & There
I know of no requirement that it be mentioned in the mortgage; however, I routinely see a description of the structure mentioned by different attorney's mortgages. I suggest you ask an attorney or title company since it is their profession.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Jack Holzknecht