Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2108225 - 11/22/16 01:04 PM 2017 HMDA Process Changes for All HMDA Reporters
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
In a nutshell, to make sure everyone is aware of this. I have done webinars on this for BOL and my own clients, and I have blogged about it - but I know there will be others who are not aware! So, in a nutshell:

1. The FFIEC data submission software will no longer be used after the 2016 HMDA submissions
2. The new platform will be online and files will be uploaded
3. Error corrections will not be made in the new online platform - correct in your spreadsheet or vendor software
4. The new platform will not be available until summer 2017
5. A temporary edit tool will be provided (look for it in January) for those who want to run edits on quarterly LAR without vendor software
6. All HMDA reporters must register, using vendor software - keep an eye out for announcements re registration
7. Edit process changes: Pre-submission, all edits including the macro edits (that now occur post-submission) must be cleared. Allow time for this. There will be no post-submission email with macro edits.
8. Errors must be corrected offline and a new corrected upload processed
9. An authorized person must certify (online) to the accuracy and completeness of the submission - last pre-submission step.
10. Resubmissions follow same process as original
11. Online submission will be only submission method - no paper, no mailing of disks or cds, no emailing of encryped files by financial institution or by vendor software

Stay up to date at CFPB resources for filers page: CFPB HMDA Technology Resources Page
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2108255 - 11/22/16 02:44 PM Re: 2017 HMDA Process Changes for All HMDA Reporters Kathleen O. Blanchard
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
While it appears Kathleen isn't going to promote her webinars, I will. She is one of the most knowledgeable people on HMDA, new and old. She's breaking down some of these complicated rules into digestible chunks - like eating an elephant, one bite at a time.

Here is a link to her January webinar on HMDA - https://www.bankersonline.com/webinars/hmda0117

And here is a "what you need to know about HMDA changes" that she just finished and its available now.
https://www.bankersonline.com/webinars/hmda1116
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2108258 - 11/22/16 02:47 PM Re: 2017 HMDA Process Changes for All HMDA Reporters Kathleen O. Blanchard

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Thanks, Andy. I should have mentioned those webinars. I seem to be single focused when discussing a topic!

Return to Top
#2108259 - 11/22/16 02:52 PM Re: 2017 HMDA Process Changes for All HMDA Reporters Kathleen O. Blanchard
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Kathleen's webinars are indeed great....she does a fantastic job.

Return to Top
#2108265 - 11/22/16 03:12 PM Re: 2017 HMDA Process Changes for All HMDA Reporters raitchjay

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Thanks. I am blushing.

I particularly want those using vendor solutions to realize that this affects them too!

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM