Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2108817 - 11/28/16 09:26 PM Customer Requested Hold
Frank Ernest Offline
100 Club
Somewhere on a beach
We have a customer who is requesting that we hold funds from an ACH deposit because they feel that it is not a valid deposit. Is there any problem with holding funds at the customer's request?

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2108821 - 11/28/16 09:32 PM Re: Customer Requested Hold Frank Ernest
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
I would ask for clarification on the "don't think it is valid" and return, I would not hold. if it isn't valid now, it won't be tomorrow, or the next day, or however long they want a hold put on it.

Return to Top
#2108849 - 11/28/16 10:58 PM Re: Customer Requested Hold Frank Ernest
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Uh, the customer is in control here. If he does not spend the money, there will be no need for the hold, right?

You need to know exactly what's going on...

Return to Top
#2108857 - 11/29/16 02:11 AM Re: Customer Requested Hold Frank Ernest
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
Agreed. Although I don't have any facts, my speculation based on the customer's concern is that they are likely being used as a money mule. (e.g. they were contacted to be a "payment processor" for their "employer" and have received stolen money via ACH that they are directed to wire to their "employer." I agree with Ken. We should be asking the customer questions instead of trying to figure out how to comply with this request.

Return to Top
#2108870 - 11/29/16 01:18 PM Re: Customer Requested Hold BrianC
Frank Ernest Offline
100 Club
Somewhere on a beach
Thanks for the comments. I had the same thought that we need to know just why they want the funds held and that they don't need us to hold the funds as they have control over them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett