Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2107473 - 11/15/16 10:10 PM Valid Change of CIrcumstance?
ScoutLaRue Offline
Still a newbie when it comes to TRID! I would like your input on this scenario BOL...

App rcvd: 10/03
LE sent 10/03
Counteroffer & revised LE sent 10/14 with Change of Circumstance noting that due to credit score/loan policy rate will be higher than on initial LE...

Am I correct in saying we did not receive new information for a valid change of circumstance on 10/14 ...we had the credit score with the app and should have reviewed and disclosed that rate then?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2107475 - 11/15/16 10:12 PM Re: Valid Change of CIrcumstance? ScoutLaRue
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Am I correct in saying we did not receive new information for a valid change of circumstance on 10/14 ...we had the credit score with the app and should have reviewed and disclosed that rate then?

Yes. But unless the rate was locked - you are free to change the rate at any time as long as no fees changed.

Return to Top
#2109334 - 12/01/16 06:57 PM Re: Valid Change of CIrcumstance? ScoutLaRue
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
Just to add on, what if the rate was locked and information was discovered to be withheld? Would we be able to send a revised loan estimate with the higher rate due to this change of circumstance?

Return to Top
#2109342 - 12/01/16 07:13 PM Re: Valid Change of CIrcumstance? ScoutLaRue
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Depends on your written rate lock agreement. Under what conditions can you break that agreement?

Even still, if no changes occur in the interest dependent charges due to the change, there is no requirement to re-issue an LE other than for informational purposes.

Return to Top
#2109364 - 12/01/16 08:57 PM Re: Valid Change of CIrcumstance? ScoutLaRue
Vive Accommodare Offline
Platinum Poster
Vive Accommodare
Compliance
We simply have a CA rate lock agreement that goes over the fees and the loan details, but nothing noting the circumstance to which we could break the agreement.

Return to Top
#2109375 - 12/01/16 09:47 PM Re: Valid Change of CIrcumstance? ScoutLaRue
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Then you probably would need to sit down with legal counsel to figure out what your options might be in that situation.

Return to Top