Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2110911 - 12/15/16 01:49 PM CRA Donation and Investment benchmark percentages
Checkmate Offline
New Poster
Brain freeze today at 5 degrees .

Donations- Is 1% of assets a standard or is it 1% of net earned income?

Investments- is 5% of Tier 1 capital a standard for Outstanding?

Are these percent and dollar amounts for every year to achieve or is it the 24-26 month exam period cycle to achieve?

Return to Top
CRA
#2111031 - 12/15/16 07:49 PM Re: CRA Donation and Investment benchmark percentages Checkmate
Moman Offline
Platinum Poster
WA
I have done a performance context analysis by pulling PEs from peer banks in our area and a separate one for banks with outstanding ratings by our regulator. All are similar business models to ours, in as much as I can find them. By averaging the PE exam data and throwing out the outliers, you get a pretty good idea of your performance. I also use asset size, not Tier 1 capital. It's not a one size fits all analysis. For the timeframe, I annualize the data and compare ours on that basis as well.

Return to Top
#2111143 - 12/16/16 04:17 PM Re: CRA Donation and Investment benchmark percentages Checkmate
wblewis935 Offline
Like Moman, we look at peer bank PEs. This is the first exam cycle that we will be examined under a large bank test, so we tried to set our benchmarks according to peer banks with similar portfolios. Here's to hoping we were right!

Return to Top