Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2111473 - 12/20/16 02:44 PM Social Media Audit
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
Does anyone have a Social Media audit program that they would be willing to share? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!!!

Return to Top
Audit
#2111482 - 12/20/16 03:43 PM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
Dog Lady Offline
I'm doing one right now. Well, I'm doing a marketing audit, and a good chunk of it is social media. For that portion, generally...

- Review our social media presence. Both what they identify, and by doing a Google search in attempt to test for completeness.
- Review a sample of posts to ensure compliance with policies procedures (and regs if your audit includes that portion)
- Review/policies procedures (including how to respond to customers on social media i.e. complying with complaint policy and mitigating reputation risk).
- Interview a sample of employees to determine if they understand what's expect of them (i.e. to not respond on behalf of the bank, who to notify, whether they can mention the bank on their personal social media, etc).
- Evaluate logical security controls (Who has access to social media? How frequently is the password changed?)
- Ensure the marketing department is monitoring the bank's name and names of key personnel for reputation risk (or any items which may require complaint response)
- Incident Response (ensure it addresses social media takeover)

I'd be interested in other people's input as well.

Return to Top
#2113939 - 01/11/17 10:29 PM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
catch up after vacation and holidays:

https://www.fdic.gov/news/news/financial/2013/fil13056.html

Worth a review when you're looking at SM.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#2113962 - 01/12/17 01:02 PM Re: Social Media Audit Andy_Z
DEL Offline
Platinum Poster
Maine
I'm doing a social media audit right now and am basically using the seven risk management expectations from the 2013 guidance as my audit program. I haven't been able to think of anything significant, risk-wise, that isn't incorporated there.

Return to Top
#2114110 - 01/12/17 09:43 PM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
Irishguy Offline
Platinum Poster
Irishguy
Kentucky
Thank you!

Return to Top
#2115078 - 01/23/17 12:56 PM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
APU101 Offline
New Poster
I am working on a social media audit as well and from the little research I have conducted, there are quite a few regulations to look at depending on how the social media platform is being used.

Return to Top
#2269579 - 04/25/22 02:28 AM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
I am working on a Social Media review and there are mentions of required monitoring of MLOs due to the Dodd Frank Act. I can't find a citation for that. The policy includes a form the employee has to fill out listing all the social media sites they use. Thoughts?

Return to Top
#2269580 - 04/25/22 12:14 PM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Specific requirement? You are not going to find one.

Return to Top
#2269597 - 04/25/22 07:09 PM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
Tesla Offline
Power Poster
OK - are other banks doing that? That is, having their employees fill out a form saying what social media sites they use and how often?

Return to Top
#2270209 - 05/09/22 07:23 PM Re: Social Media Audit Irishguy
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
@Tesla - we tried that two years ago and the backlash was massive and about 2% of employees complied with the request. The genius who came up with the idea is no longer with us.

Return to Top
#2271693 - 06/15/22 04:04 PM Re: Social Media Audit Tesla
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Originally Posted by Tesla
OK - are other banks doing that? That is, having their employees fill out a form saying what social media sites they use and how often?
Um no, it's none of an employer's business anyway.

Return to Top
#2271765 - 06/16/22 04:32 PM Re: Social Media Audit Tesla
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Originally Posted by Tesla
The policy includes a form the employee has to fill out listing all the social media sites they use. Thoughts?

oh dear...why would anyone think this is a good idea? much less how would you enforce compliance?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z