Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2113944 - 01/11/17 11:11 PM ACH Originators and Copy of Rules
Diana Timberlake Offline
100 Club
Diana Timberlake
In the past we have provided our ACH Originators with a CD of the ACH Rule. (We do charge them for it). It was also "highly recommended" years ago that we have an acknowledgement form signed by the customer stating that they received it.
I know we aren't necessarily required by the Rules to provide this; however, it is our responsibility to make sure our Originators understand their obligations under the rule. I am curious how other banks are handling this obligation. Are you providing the Rules Book, a CD, or possibly a link for them to access it? I want to make sure I don't take away a process that has never been questioned once we started providing the book and obtaining the acknowledgement.
Thanks

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2113969 - 01/12/17 02:17 PM Re: ACH Originators and Copy of Rules Diana Timberlake
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
it is in our contract that they acquire annually, and we also send quarterly "tips" to them, as well as reminders to get new copies. of course, with over 5,000 originators, it is not like we are validating they are [censored] this.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett