Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2113607 - 01/10/17 12:55 PM Affiliated Business Arrangement notice ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can I ask a question about Section B on the Affiliated Business Arrangement notice? Assume your bank has an affiliated business arrangement with a firm, and you correctly disclose it in Section A. It's been done correctly, never any criticism. However, the mortgage department was using Section B to disclose the credit bureau company name, even though the credit bureau isn't affiliated in any way; it's one of the big 3. Mortgage department says they have to put the credit bureau company name in Section B. Some were even putting the name of an un-affiliated appraiser. They were advised not to, because the Affiliated Business Arrangement notice is just to disclose affiliates! Which is correct?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2113609 - 01/10/17 01:41 PM Re: Affiliated Business Arrangement notice ? Anonymous
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If a service provider is not an affiliate as that term is defined in the regulation then they should not be listed on the AfBA Disclosure.

#2113616 - 01/10/17 02:19 PM Re: Affiliated Business Arrangement notice ? Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you, Dan. I agree, it's just a long-standing practice that we're trying to change. Appreciate the response!

#2114001 - 01/12/17 04:03 PM Re: Affiliated Business Arrangement notice ? Anonymous
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
As for "we've always done it this way", tell them "rules change, get used to it"!!!

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale