Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#757759 - 06/21/07 03:05 PM Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings
KYbanker20 Offline
Can we put multiple buildings for a flood determination form under the comments section? The instructions on the flood determination form say "If the loan collateral includes more than one building, a schedule for the additioanl building(s)/ mobile home(s) indicating the determination for each may be attached." Is the comments section a good enough schedule or should they attach a seperate page?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#757775 - 06/21/07 03:11 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings KYbanker20
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If the buildings are not located on the same property (parcel) then you will need a separate SFHDF for each as they would be adjacent properties.

From page 33 of the Mandatory Purchase Guidelines:

(2) Instructions for Using the SFHDF

The reverse side of the SFHDF has detailed, section-by-section instructions on its use. A separate SFHDF is required on loans on adjacent properties. However, if a single property contains multiple buildings, a listing of buildings on the parcel can be attached to the SFHDF. Only one building may be insured under one NFIP policy. Each building securing a loan must be covered by a separate NFIP policy.

Return to Top
#757870 - 06/21/07 04:00 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings Dan Persfull
MarieR Offline
Platinum Poster
When you do the attachment to the SFHDF, is it a survey or just a listing of buildings on the property? And what should I look to receive from the determination company?

My situation is that we have a 6 acre parcel with several buildings. Part of the parcel is in the flood zone, but not all of it and I am trying to get a determination to see which buildings are in the flood zone. I would do a seperate determination for each building, but they all use the same address and are not broken out on the legal description. Any thoughts on the best way to deal with this- other than requiring insurance on all the buildings?

Return to Top
#757884 - 06/21/07 04:05 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings MarieR
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
You would need to talk to your vendor to find out what they would need in order to make an accurate determination on the buildings. My guess would be they would want a copy of the survey, but that is strictly speculation.

Return to Top
#2114376 - 01/17/17 05:31 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings KYbanker20
bcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
We have a similar scenario - three apartment buildings are located on the same parcel of land which is in a flood zone. I'm not sure if the rules have changed since this post, so does each building need their own policy?

Return to Top
#2114395 - 01/17/17 06:31 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings KYbanker20
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If all 3 buildings are located in the SFHA then each building will require a separate policy.

Return to Top
#2114400 - 01/17/17 06:39 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings KYbanker20
bcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Thanks for the quick response Dan.

Return to Top
#2114870 - 01/20/17 02:50 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings KYbanker20
jmm Offline
New Poster
Our vendor is indicating that if there is more than one building on a parcel that is for commerical purpose we need to do a determination on each building. I was not aware of this. I realize you have to have seperate insurance, but do you need seperate determinations?

Return to Top
#2115240 - 01/24/17 02:41 AM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings KYbanker20
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
No. That might be the vendor's policy, but it's not a requirement.

Return to Top
#2115254 - 01/24/17 01:38 PM Re: Flood Determination Form for multiple buildings KYbanker20
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The old SFHDF had the following instructions:

MULTIPLE BUILDINGS: If the loan collateral includes more than one building, a schedule for the additional buildings/mobile homes indicating the determination for each may be attached. Otherwise, a separate form must be completed for each building or mobile home. Any attachments should be noted in the comment section. A separate flood insurance policy is required for each building or mobile home.

The new SFHDF says this:

MULTIPLE BUILDINGS: For guidance regarding multiple buildings, please contact your regulator, servicer, lender or other entity as applicable.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z