Thread Options
#2116396 - 01/31/17 11:05 PM Showing Application Fee on Closing Disclosure
gcompliance Offline
New Poster
A result of a recent audit indicates that the application fee the borrower paid upfront cannot be listed on the CD in Section L but instead should be on page 2 as Borrower Paid Before Closing column. However if I list that application prepaid fee in that column it does not give credit against the cash to close figure. This is not a Lender Credit but the customer giving us a fee to process the application and it does not go against any particular fee. How are you displaying that fee.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2116398 - 01/31/17 11:21 PM Re: Showing Application Fee on Closing Disclosure gcompliance
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
So you make them pay an application fee after receiving the intent to proceed from the customer. If they pay it upfront, why do you think it should impact cash-to-close? They already paid it.

And welcome to BOL smile

Return to Top
#2116403 - 01/31/17 11:31 PM Re: Showing Application Fee on Closing Disclosure gcompliance
Darth HMDA, CRCM, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
Darth HMDA, CRCM, CAMS
CA
We would mark this in Section A as POC. It should not impact cash to close.

You are collecting the application fee after Intent to Proceed is obtained, correct? (Just checking!)

And as Mr. Carey said, welcome to BOL.

Return to Top
#2116445 - 02/01/17 03:38 PM Re: Showing Application Fee on Closing Disclosure gcompliance
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
It's not a POC entry. It is a Borrower-paid before closing entry. It adds into the total of borrower closing costs, but is subtracted from cash to close in the second line of the standard calculating cash to close (CCC) table or the third line of the alternative CCC table for transactions without a seller.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2116447 - 02/01/17 03:39 PM Re: Showing Application Fee on Closing Disclosure gcompliance
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
And let me join the chorus -- Welcome to BankersOnline's forums, gcompliance.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2116525 - 02/01/17 06:02 PM Re: Showing Application Fee on Closing Disclosure gcompliance
gcompliance Offline
New Poster
We do not collect the application fee until we have an Intent to Proceed. It is not a separate fee but used as a credit towards the closing cost at the end.

Return to Top
#2116607 - 02/01/17 09:28 PM Re: Showing Application Fee on Closing Disclosure gcompliance
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
Not quite sure where you are going with the last statement. Did you collect anything from the borrower prior to closing or not?

Return to Top