Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2116147 - 01/30/17 09:36 PM HELOC App Fee (POC)
basilring Offline
Gold Star
Spartan Country!
Our current HELOC product only has a $99 fee... we do not charge for anything else (yes, even appraisal). Under 'Other Charges", we list the appraisal, recording, title policy, flood and tax tracking service fee. We also list the application fee with (POC) after it and provide a total of all charges.

We then check the box below the fees that states "The fees and charges shown above have been waived because you have agreed to maintain our security interest in the property....."

I am not sure if having (POC) is enough to exclude the app fee from the info in that paragraph. An idea was suggested to put a checkmark next to each fee, except the app fee - since that paragraph has a checkmark next to it. I'm not sure if that would be enough - especially since the fee is included in the total.

Yet, there is not another place to put this fee (unless we pay our forms vendor to rework it, of course). Before I insist on that - is the checkmark option above ok? Or does having POC exclude it (I can't imagine it does). I appreciate any insight.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2116497 - 02/01/17 05:19 PM Re: HELOC App Fee (POC) basilring
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You don't have to show waived fees on the HELOC. It is not like TRID.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z