Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#2117134 - 02/06/17 05:57 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Well, I think it would have been cool for the Falcons to win...but I'm maybe more happy that Malcom Mitchell is wearing a Super Bowl Ring (local alma mater and a really great guy)

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#2117135 - 02/06/17 06:02 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Isn't Putin wearing one of Kraft's rings?

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117138 - 02/06/17 06:14 PM Re: Super Bowl picks edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By edAudit
Yes, and if you watched any of the pre-game stuff yesterday, you might have seen that Kraft wants it back and is hoping that Trump may help him in that regard.

Return to Top
#2117140 - 02/06/17 06:17 PM Re: Super Bowl picks RR Joker
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By RR Joker
Well, I think it would have been cool for the Falcons to win...but I'm maybe more happy that Malcom Mitchell is wearing a Super Bowl Ring (local alma mater and a really great guy)
Valdosta guy and a great addition to the Patriots. Pretty cool what he's doing for childhood literacy and reading programs.

Return to Top
#2117141 - 02/06/17 06:25 PM Re: Super Bowl picks RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Originally Posted By BeechFlyboy
Yes, and if you watched any of the pre-game stuff yesterday, you might have seen that Kraft wants it back and is hoping that Trump may help him in that regard.

Trump: Hey Vlad I know you are busy with really great wonderful world domination thing and no one could do it better than you except of course myself but it would by yuge if you gave my friend Bob his ring back.

Putin; Nyet

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117142 - 02/06/17 06:34 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
OldeTymeBanker Offline
I was pulling for the Falcons, but it was pretty cool to see that a play that is credited with being a difference maker for the Patriots was made by Hightower. Roll Tide. Julio Jones didn't look too bad either.

Return to Top
#2117143 - 02/06/17 06:44 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
Yeah, I had a #NoDogInThisHunt and several #BuiltByBama tweets.

Return to Top
#2117144 - 02/06/17 06:49 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
#notmycointoss
#notmysuperbowl

Return to Top
#2117219 - 02/07/17 12:24 PM Re: Super Bowl picks Rocky P
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Originally Posted By Rocky P
TB, with a pick, and numbers like that, your future is in Las Vegas, not Massachusetts.

The guy that bet 1 million on the Falcons should have consulted me first.

Clearly the Falcons let the enormity of the situation get to them. As others have said-1st down on the Pats 22-3 runs up the middle, kick a field goal and Atlanta is claiming biggest upset ever. They played out of their minds but couldn't close the book. I have no idea why they got away from the running game-Pats had no answer to that.

Return to Top
#2117227 - 02/07/17 01:45 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:
I have no idea why they got away from the running game

I think the answer is evident, when Goodell and Kraft sat down over the summer to formulate the plan for Brady sitting out, part of the agreement for the Patriots to make it look like they agreed was that he would guarantee them a superbowl win. The three mysterious "defensive holdings" in a row sealed the deal, with great assistance from the no call on the facemask tackle that offensive holding was called on, instead of offsetting and the Falcons being in field goal range, suddenly they are 3rd and 33 and - what a shocker - out of field goal range.

no mystery, no mystery at all...

Return to Top
#2117229 - 02/07/17 01:59 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Happy that is preposterous. The real reason for the falcons loss was simple. If you were to notice that the Patriots won both coin tosses. The explanation is simple Goodall on the direction of Kraft, Belichick and Brady had the coin electronically deflated/inflated so after the call was placed a locker room guy (using the same drones used at halftime to ensure a proper line of sight) triggered the coin to inflate and deflated causing the coin to fall into the direction of the patriot call.

The large number of records smashed in this game was just to increase the value of Brady's jersey to make up the difference in loss pay due to the Brady suspension. Unknown to them was that a certain Patriot receiver on injured reserve found out and appropriated the jersey.

Simple an no need for a Wells stile report (Was Mr. Wells involved with the inflated sales goals at "Wells" fargo) laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117230 - 02/07/17 02:01 PM Re: Super Bowl picks HappyGilmore
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By HappyGilmore
Quote:
I have no idea why they got away from the running game

I think the answer is evident, when Goodell and Kraft sat down over the summer to formulate the plan for Brady sitting out, part of the agreement for the Patriots to make it look like they agreed was that he would guarantee them a superbowl win. The three mysterious "defensive holdings" in a row sealed the deal, with great assistance from the no call on the facemask tackle that offensive holding was called on, instead of offsetting and the Falcons being in field goal range, suddenly they are 3rd and 33 and - what a shocker - out of field goal range.

Happy, that's a really cool looking tin foil hat you've got there, buddy.

First with regard to the 3 defensive holdings in a row. It was 3 defensive holdings on 3 consecutive 3rd downs that absolutely did keep that drive going. But here's the thing. That was the drive that resulted in Brady throwing a pick-6 to Alford that put the Falcons up 21-0. So, I'm not so sure those holding calls really helped the Patriots all that much.

Second, with regard to the facemask tackle. Take a look at the receiver - he was also facemasking the defender - so much so that he ripped the defender's helmet off, so that was probably a pretty good no-call. Meantime, Chris Long is in a choke-hold as he's trying to get to Ryan, so the offensive holding call was not really questionable. But back to TB12's point - if they had run up the middle on the previous play instead of dropping back to pass and getting sacked, then there would have also been no need to have been back in the pocket again on this play and they could have instead been setting up for a a game-icing 3 points.

I can't believe anyone who follows the game at all could in any way imagine any scenario in which the NFL wanted the Patriots to actually win that game.

Return to Top
#2117231 - 02/07/17 02:02 PM Re: Super Bowl picks edAudit
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Happy that is preposterous. The real reason for the falcons loss was simple. If you were to notice that the Patriots won both coin tosses. The explanation is simple Goodall on the direction of Kraft, Belichick and Brady had the coin electronically deflated/inflated so after the call was placed a locker room guy (using the same drones used at halftime to ensure a proper line of sight) triggered the coin to inflate and deflated causing the coin to fall into the direction of the patriot call. Simple.
Actually, the Falcons won the initial game coin toss from President Bush 41. They deferred.

Return to Top
#2117233 - 02/07/17 02:07 PM Re: Super Bowl picks RVFlyboy
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Actually, the Falcons won the initial game coin toss from President Bush 41. They deferred.

All part of the Goodall's evil plan how often does an 8-8 team make the SB the following year.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117234 - 02/07/17 02:10 PM Re: Super Bowl picks RVFlyboy
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL
Second, with regard to the facemask tackle. Take a look at the receiver - he was also facemasking the defender - so much so that he ripped the defender's helmet off, so that was probably a pretty good no-call.

Okay hang on a second here. Because they both facemasked each other, it's a no call? That's certainly not how the rulebook is written. Really, there should've been three penalties called: 1) holding 2) facemask on ATL 3) facemask on NE. Since there was a penalty on each team, they're offsetting, and third down is replayed.

That said, I'm astounded that ATL tried to throw that much. Kyle Shanahan has said that they were trying to "run their regular offense" but what were they running the rest of the game?? They've got a solid kicker in Bryant. They could've taken three knees and gotten the job done (not that I'm advocating for that, but you get the idea). That, and if Ryan doesn't try to throw on his strip sack, and ATL wins.

Also, any team that goes to the prevent that early, or really ever, IMO, deserves to lose... if you switch to the prevent, were you running the "allow" before?

Return to Top
#2117236 - 02/07/17 02:13 PM Re: Super Bowl picks edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
that may also be the reason why the falcons did not request a review of the game ending TD for a hold by Marcus Cannon. laugh

And of course Christy Teagan exposing herself to the entire Falcon team. laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117237 - 02/07/17 02:14 PM Re: Super Bowl picks MScarn6942
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
Originally Posted By MScarn6942
Also, any team that goes to the prevent that early, or really ever, IMO, deserves to lose... if you switch to the prevent, were you running the "allow" before?

Exactly! What is the purpose of defense???

Return to Top
#2117238 - 02/07/17 02:15 PM Re: Super Bowl picks MScarn6942
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Originally Posted By MScarn6942
Okay hang on a second here. Because they both facemasked each other, it's a no call? That's certainly not how the rulebook is written. Really, there should've been three penalties called: 1) holding 2) facemask on ATL 3) facemask on NE. Since there was a penalty on each team, they're offsetting, and third down is replayed.
You are right, of course. I guess what I was really trying to say was more along the lines of "It's not that they chose to ignore the defensive facemasking. It's that they missed both the defensive and offensive facemasking." But at the end of the day, I don't think that's what cost Atlanta the game.

Return to Top
#2117239 - 02/07/17 02:15 PM Re: Super Bowl picks edAudit
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Kyle Shanahan was also given the Head Coach position at the 49ers less than 24 hours after the loss which the talking head blamed solely on him. Goodall? laugh

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117240 - 02/07/17 02:17 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Truth be told

The Falcons play an exceptional 3 quarters and the Pats played an exceptional quarter when it counted.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117243 - 02/07/17 02:24 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
A lot was made about how explosive the Falcons offense is and that Belichick and the Patriots would have to pick their poison. What they didn't realize was that Belichick has spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Seriously, though, the explosive Falcons offense recorded 21 points, and none after the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. The Patriots defense really did play well even though it didn't look like it for much of the game.

Return to Top
#2117245 - 02/07/17 02:37 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Quote:
Seriously, though, the explosive Falcons offense recorded 21 points, and none after the 8 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. The Patriots defense really did play well even though it didn't look like it for much of the game.

Quote:

While Beech makes a compelling argument, I believe mine is much more accurate. Plus, I heard that box Scully and Mulder were seen outside the stadium just before kickoff...

Return to Top
#2117248 - 02/07/17 02:48 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Ok now for the real reason. Stale Peeps and Pepsi were delivered to the falcons locker room at half time and they had the nerve to broadcast it while gaga was singing (the real reason for Scully and Mulder being there but I digress). it took a little time to kick in and then wham 34 unanswered points.

CAMS

Return to Top
#2117249 - 02/07/17 02:49 PM Re: Super Bowl picks RVFlyboy
MScarn6942 Offline
Platinum Poster
Land Lacking in Lakes, IL

Agreed. And in all honesty, not much has been said about Dan Quinn's stubborn side. He played the same single safety coverage for the bulk of the game, especially in crunch time. How many times do you think Tom Brady needs to take the same test before he gets the answers right?

Return to Top
#2117250 - 02/07/17 02:50 PM Re: Super Bowl picks TB 12
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
The only happy person in Atlanta is the dry cleaner that services the Falcons. They have 53 uniforms and the rest of the team employees clothes to clean after the Falcons soiled themselves.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5