Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2117241 - 02/07/17 02:19 PM FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc
JoAnne Offline
Platinum Poster
Michigan
Is there a problem with combining the FDIC Signage required to be posted at each teller station with other required signage such as Funds Availability, CIP, etc.? These would be all on one form and the thought is to get the clear plastic frames that you can attach to something (not stand up frames).

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2117242 - 02/07/17 02:24 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
As long as the membership sign is the official sign, i.e., size, color, etc. Having that sign with others disclosures would not be prohibited as long as it is properly posted.

https://www.bankersonline.com/regulations/12-328-001
https://www.bankersonline.com/regulations/12-328-002

Return to Top
#2117247 - 02/07/17 02:41 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I suggest you compare their placement requirements. If you do not open new accounts at the teller window, the CIP notice does not need to be there. Also, despite what the forms vendors say, the Regulation CC Commentary clearly says:

Such notice need not be posted at each teller window, but the notice must be posted in a place where consumers seeking to make deposits are likely to see it before making their deposits. For example, the notice might be posted at the point where the line forms for teller service in the lobby. (Emphasis supplied)

Return to Top
#2252441 - 04/15/21 08:55 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
What about the prohibition in Reg. CC that, "The disclosures shall be grouped together and shall not contain any information not related to the disclosures required by this subpart." Do you believe "Member FDIC" is not really "information" in this context?

Return to Top
#2252443 - 04/15/21 09:42 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You are going to imbed Member FDIC inside of the model Reg CC statement? That statement is really aimed at the written disclosures you are required to deliver. Having the Reg CC sign and FDIC sign on one piece of plastic I don't see as any big deal as long as the FDIC sign portion of it complies with the size and other requirements.

Return to Top
#2252447 - 04/15/21 10:27 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc rlcarey
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
No, the Funds Availability Notice.

(b) Locations where employees accept consumer deposits. A bank shall post in a conspicuous place in each location where its employees receive deposits to consumer accounts a notice that sets forth the time periods applicable to the availability of funds deposited in a consumer account.

Still being within the same Subpart as the following:

§229.15 General disclosure requirements.

(a) Form of disclosures. A bank shall make the disclosures required by this subpart clearly and conspicuously in writing. Disclosures, other than those posted at locations where employees accept consumer deposits and ATMs and the notice on preprinted deposit slips, must be in a form that the customer may keep.

It would seem that 229.15 covers the disclosure required by 229.18(b)

Return to Top
#2252448 - 04/15/21 10:30 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
It clearly indicates in 229.15(a) that the disclosure posted at locations where employees accept consumer deposits is within the scope of 229.15 by excluding it from needing to be made in a form the customer may keep. But, it doesn't exclude it from being written, nor does it seem to exclude it from not containing any information other than that within Subpart B of Reg. CC.

Return to Top
#2252453 - 04/16/21 11:12 AM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
|
--------------------------
|
| FDIC

One piece of signage - tell me what is wrong with that? What is different about that then imbedding your written Reg CC disclosure into your overall account agreement with nothing but a separate heading?

Return to Top
#2252454 - 04/16/21 12:10 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
I agree with Randy. The disclosures can still be "grouped together" even if they are on the same physical medium (plastic, paper, ect.).

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top
#2252470 - 04/16/21 03:34 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc rlcarey
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
Originally Posted by rlcarey
|
|
| FDIC

One piece of signage - tell me what is wrong with that? What is different about that then imbedding your written Reg CC disclosure into your overall account agreement with nothing but a separate heading?

Because the last sentence of 229.15(a) clearly says you can do that with other terms of the account.

(a) Form of disclosures. A bank shall make the disclosures required by this subpart clearly and conspicuously in writing. Disclosures, other than those posted at locations where employees accept consumer deposits and ATMs and the notice on preprinted deposit slips, must be in a form that the customer may keep. The disclosures shall be grouped together and shall not contain any information not related to the disclosures required by this subpart. If contained in a document that sets forth other account terms, the disclosures shall be highlighted within the document by, for example, use of a separate heading.

Return to Top
#2252472 - 04/16/21 03:35 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
Compliance NABW Offline
Diamond Poster
I don't see that to be the same thing as providing other Regulatory disclosures.

Return to Top
#2252475 - 04/16/21 03:45 PM Re: FDIC Signage combined with Funds Availability, etc JoAnne
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Just make sure the FDIC sign is the correct size of 7" x 3". Years ago the bank I worked for was cited because the size wasn't correct.

Return to Top