BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#2118158 - 02/14/17 04:55 PM Interesting situation in California -
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Picked this up from another banking website...interesting

Extraordinary Situation Proclaimed in Butte, Sutter and Yuba Counties

On February 12, 2017, Governor Edmund G. Brown, Jr. proclaimed a state of emergency in the Counties of Butte, Sutter, and Yuba as a result of the potential of flooding from Lake Oroville, which has forced the evacuation of tens of thousands of residents. Consequently, Commissioner of Business Oversight Jan Lynn Owen has determined that an extraordinary situation exists in those counties and has issued a proclamation authorizing state-chartered banks to close any or all of their offices in affected areas until the Commissioner determines the extraordinary condition has ended

Return to Top
General Discussion
#2118248 - 02/14/17 09:48 PM Re: Interesting situation in California - HappyGilmore
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
There are somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000 people that were evacuated, we're in the neighboring town to the damn (Chico) where many of the people have come. Terrible situation and no news as to when they can be back in their homes. People are staying in their cars and tents.

Return to Top
#2118273 - 02/14/17 11:07 PM Re: Interesting situation in California - ItNeverEnds CRCM
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:
damn (Chico)

That's a little harsh. grin

Return to Top
#2118344 - 02/15/17 05:21 PM Re: Interesting situation in California - Elwood P. Dowd
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By Ken_Pegasus
Quote:
damn (Chico)

That's a little harsh. grin

Lol. I guess I use "damn" a lot more than "dam" in my vocab!

Luckily the evacuations were partially lifted yesterday so many people can get back into their homes.

Return to Top
#2118504 - 02/16/17 05:46 PM Re: Interesting situation in California - ItNeverEnds CRCM
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Hey, you're talking to a guy who once posted:

"That's nothing but an old wive's tail!"

Talk about abuse! wink

Return to Top