Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2118414 - 02/15/17 10:31 PM Issuing Revised CD's
ADN Offline
100 Club
In auditing files, it appears our bank is issuing a lot of revised CD's (well over 60%) due to insurance and appraiser invoices coming in at the last day(s) prior to closing and these fees needing to be updated. I want opinions...how big of an issue does this appear to other compliance/management professionals? Each time I bring this topic up I get a lot of resistance by the loan officers saying they are just trying to meet contract deadlines.

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2118421 - 02/15/17 10:50 PM Re: Issuing Revised CD's ADN
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You mean a revised CD is delivered at closing - it is not that unusual. Insurance updates might be one thing, because that is controllable only by the customer. Why would the bank not know what the appraiser is going to charge. Isn't it already outlined in your appraisal engagement letter?

Return to Top
#2118440 - 02/16/17 01:34 PM Re: Issuing Revised CD's ADN
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We wouldn't know the appraisal amount up front, but I've not had an instance where I didn't know the invoiced amount prior to needing to send/deliver the CloD. We also rarely utilize appraisal delivery waivers either, though. which could additionally squeeze timing.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top