Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2118487 - 02/16/17 04:57 PM Training Ideals....Need help.
PegH Offline
Just looking for some ideals for Training Program, I am new to the bank, but not new to Compliance. They have intranet training, but Examiners have not liked the past training the bank has done.
I am just looking for some ways to make training more "exciting"LOL. We have found that Examiners are actually interviewing CSR's and Tellers and they need to really retain what information is give to them. Does anyone have a system that is working?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2118765 - 02/17/17 07:12 PM Re: Training Ideals....Need help. PegH
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
This is a broad topic for which I could talk for a long time - as a professional trainer. In short, you need to mix it up.
Live, in person, training;
Webinars;
computer based;
memo's;
staff meetings;
etc.

Some people learn better by reading, so by hearing, some by doing. Mix it up. Live training is more expensive, but more effective. Webinars are convenient & less expensive, but allow people to be disengaged. Training should be exciting. We typically learn more when we are having fun. That's why we entertain while we teach!

Return to Top
#2119186 - 02/22/17 10:22 PM Re: Training Ideals....Need help. PegH
Just Jean Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
For BSA training, you could do a case study from an enforcement action or something from the regional news. When it's true, recent news it has more impact.

Return to Top
#2119342 - 02/23/17 08:42 PM Re: Training Ideals....Need help. PegH
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
In providing the training are the employees given an assessment at the end of each training session?

Return to Top
#2120507 - 03/03/17 08:28 PM Re: Training Ideals....Need help. PegH
JSD Offline
Platinum Poster
JSD
USA
Some banks have gone to the on-line ABA Training.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett