Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2118807 - 02/17/17 09:16 PM Rate Lock Redisclose-same quoted rate-fee change
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Situation where the lender was taking an application and was quoting rates to a borrower. Prior to rate lock the LE was produced with a rate of 4.00%. However, during the process of the application, it was determined that the loan was not a limited cash out but a cash out and the lender forgot to click on the "update fees" button. The LE was issued for the fees set at limited cash out. One day later the rate was locked at the same 4.00%. The rate lock LE was produced and it was noticed that the LLPA fees were higher than on the initially disclosed LE. My question is, do we have a change in circumstance? The fees that went higher are based on the interest rate which is what is being re-disclosed. My problem with that is the rate didn't CHANGE from the initial LE to the rate lock redisclosed LE. Granted the borrower went from limited cash out to cash out refi, but now we are sitting at day 3 after the rate lock and day 4 after knowing that the loan was going to be cash out.

Long story short, do we have to eat the difference of the higher LLPA, or can we lock the rate and issue the LE with the higher fees?

Return to Top
TRID - TILA/RESPA Integrated Disclosures Rule
#2118827 - 02/17/17 10:58 PM Re: Rate Lock Redisclose-same quoted rate-fee change Bec
Docs Offline
100 Club
"...it was determined that the loan was not a limited cash out but a cash out and the lender forgot to click on the "update fees" button. The LE was issued for the fees set at limited cash out."

I would say that mistakes are not changed circumstances.

Return to Top
#2118892 - 02/20/17 05:43 PM Re: Rate Lock Redisclose-same quoted rate-fee change Bec
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Bank mistakes are never valud cc. Sorry, you're stuck with what was disclosed. LO should have reviewed the LE before giving it to the customer

Return to Top
#2120026 - 03/01/17 04:21 PM Re: Rate Lock Redisclose-same quoted rate-fee change Bec
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Thank you all.

Return to Top