BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#211870 - 07/16/04 02:02 PM Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Anyone have a bizzare or amusing story about their job or past job? A strange series of events or a funny situation? I have one. I was working as a Customer Service Rep for a bank. It was a typical day until a lady sat down in front of me with a small bundle wrapped in her arms. "Can you hold my monkey while I make a deposit?" She asked quite plainly. Sure enough she opened her arms and there was ... a monkey. She told me it was a white-faced Kinkachew <sp> and he was very friendly. I grew up on a farm and wasn't scared of animals, but still, getting Gengi fever or the deadly Mautaba virus was not in my plans for the day. Neither was holding a monkey so I obliged her and took the shaking creature into my arms.
The small monkey was not impressed by me and seeing the woman walking away was further upsetting it.. and me. The monkey began to struggle ... and scream. It sounded like a cat being pet with a fork. I stood up and politely asked the woman to come back and reclaim her primate before pandemonium ensued. She simply told me to hold him tighter. I didn't think holding something that wanted desperately to get away from me tighter was a good idea, but I did as I was told.
The monkey screamed louder (customers at this point were just leaving the bank) and was struggling wildly. I looked down in time to watch this little screeching furball sink its teeth into my finger. I yelped as scenes from the movie Outbreak ran through my head. The lady saw what happened and quickly came over to remove her pet from me. ::Sigh:: Luckily the young Kinkajew did not draw blood nor did it break skin. The rest of the day was mind-bashingly boring.
Bankers bitten by primates, the jungle invading the city, I chalk this one up as another episode of... The Banking Zone.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#211871 - 07/16/04 02:04 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
bam Offline
Gold Star
Kansas City, Mo
I can't top that

Return to Top
#211872 - 07/16/04 02:20 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
Me neither...but last week someone robbed a bank in my state and used a septic tank pumping truck as the get-away vehicle!!!

Return to Top
#211873 - 07/16/04 02:22 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Cool! (the get away vehicle, not the robbery)

Return to Top
#211874 - 07/16/04 02:27 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Oh, I also had to rescue pigeons out or our airconditioning ductworks. THAT was fun. Especially when one got loose in the store! (it was not at the bank)

Return to Top
#211875 - 07/16/04 02:33 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

getting Gengi fever or the deadly Mautaba virus was not in my plans for the day.

E-1101

Return to Top
#211876 - 07/16/04 02:42 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
The worst we had wa a bull frog came in when a customer opened the door. He waited in the vestibule for the customer to leave to open the inner door. Then he made it to the security door when an officer was just going out for lunch, so that door opened, and he hopped in and behind the teller line. No one screamed or got upset, we just took an empty wastepaper basket, scooped him up and let him out the back door, closer to the river, which is probably where he was headed in the first place!

Return to Top
#211877 - 07/16/04 02:50 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
renniks Offline
Diamond Poster
renniks
New England
A couple of years ago I worked for a bank that was located in a very old historic building that was "full of holes". Once after a long weekend, I arrived to find that a flock of birds had a party in my office over the weekend!!! They must have had quite some fun...there was bird doo-doo everywhere. My PC even had to be replaced!!! YUCK!!! Not a good way to start my week!!

Return to Top
#211878 - 07/16/04 02:52 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
beaten blind Offline
Gold Star
the Bat Cave
Well...this is not nearly as exciting as the above stories, but it was kind of eyebrow raising the day one of our branch managers (married) and one of his tellers (also married) came into the main office and announced to management that they had been having an affair and fell in love. They each divorced their spouses and married each other. Of course, one of them had to leave. Unfortunately, it was the teller!

Return to Top
#211879 - 07/16/04 04:03 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
One of our branches had a skunk fall into a basement window well about six feet down. The poor skunk could not get out without assistance from animal control. The worst part is that the small area that he was confined in was where the fresh air intake for the air conditioning unit was located. Needless to say it was no longer a "fresh air" intake. The smell reached every corner of the branch. We had to have the AC unit cleaned and use industrial strength air fresheners in the office. The air fresheners made it smell like a skunk that had been soaked in lemons!

Return to Top
#211880 - 07/16/04 05:53 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Martoon Offline
New Poster
Martoon
Sacramento
Mine isn't as funny as the monkey but we were in a meeting in the middle of the bank which is a large glass section with atriums around it. One of the tellers came in to let us know the police were surrounding the building as there was a man on the roof with a shotgun. There were two women (myself included) and 10 men. All of the men jumped up and crowded so fast through the door to get out of view two of them toppled to the ground (President and one board member). We two femals started laughing and jokingly said "so much for the women and children first theory". It turned out the guy on the roof was a roofer mending the roof and the shotgun was actually some sort of blow torch device. The "guys" sent both of us flowers the next day apologizing for their behavior! Every time we're in a meeting with them now they always let us enter or leave first - it's become a great joke.

Return to Top
#211881 - 07/16/04 06:10 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
We had a stray kitten come into our main office once, it was so adorable, we all wanted to make it our mascot. The bank pres was extremely allergic to cats (we knew that), and we couldn't keep her. But kitty got scared by something and got stuck under our immovable coin machine, there were about 8 people lying on the floor on their stomachs, calling to the kitty, someone took a picture and it looked like we were all dead.

Return to Top
#211882 - 07/16/04 07:30 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
What about haunted banks? Anyone have one of those?

Return to Top
#211883 - 07/16/04 08:09 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Anonymous
Unregistered

we once had someone poop in the lobby...and then take their pants off in the vestibule as they were leaving the bank. We also had someone walk up to our drivethru and urinate on the window during banking hours. HELLO!!!!

Return to Top
#211884 - 07/16/04 08:26 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
We had a BAT in our lobby one morning. No idea how he got in, or even that there were bats in this area. Our CFO captured him and took him home, since he has a bat house in his back yard. Yep, you heard me correctly.

Return to Top
#211885 - 07/16/04 08:31 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
bam Offline
Gold Star
Kansas City, Mo
Do he also have a Bat Cave and a Bat-mobile

Return to Top
#211886 - 07/16/04 08:33 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Don't forget the Bat-phone. What about Boy Wonder??? AKA: Robin???

Return to Top
#211887 - 07/16/04 08:37 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Poopzilla Offline
Poopzilla
varies... tha world!
Quote:

we once had someone poop in the lobby...and then take their pants off in the vestibule as they were leaving the bank. We also had someone walk up to our drivethru and urinate on the window during banking hours. HELLO!!!!

Ha ha!!! Oh my! That's hilarious!!

Return to Top
#211888 - 07/16/04 08:39 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Our CFO captured him and took him home, since he has a bat house in his back yard.

I've been trying to convince my wife to let me get a bat house for the back yard. No luck yet.

Return to Top
#211889 - 07/16/04 08:49 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
trinna Offline
Gold Star
trinna
Midwest
Have you gone batty!?!

Return to Top
#211890 - 07/16/04 08:51 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

Quote:

Our CFO captured him and took him home, since he has a bat house in his back yard.

I've been trying to convince my wife to let me get a bat house for the back yard. No luck yet.

Does it cut down on mosquitoes?

Return to Top
#211891 - 07/16/04 08:52 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
RR Jen Offline
Power Poster
RR Jen
Running and riding everywhere ...
Yes, the bats in our area LOVE mosquitos! Or at least that's what my neighbor (the Conservation Agent) told me.

Return to Top
#211892 - 07/16/04 08:53 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
bam Offline
Gold Star
Kansas City, Mo
To the Batcave Robin !!!

Return to Top
#211893 - 07/16/04 08:56 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Have you gone batty!?!

That depends on who you ask.

Quote:

Does it cut down on mosquitoes?

Yep. Bats snack on mosquitos and other assorted vermin.

But the bottom line is, I just plain like bats. We see them around a bit, but I wouldn't mind seeing them around more.

Return to Top
#211894 - 07/16/04 09:38 PM Re: Beyond Bizzare Banking Stories
Jayda's Mom Offline
100 Club
North
I haven't heard any ghost stories yet but our bank is located in the old hospital. We always joke because the lending staff is located in the basement....formerly the morgue!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2