Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2119139 - 02/22/17 07:10 PM Digital Billboard Question
sway Offline
100 Club
We have a digital sign outside of our bank where we market our products and services. We are looking at getting a larger, updated sign and they are very costly. To offset some of these costs, Management is asking about selling space to local businesses to advertise on our sign and to list community events. We would charge the same rate to everyone (whatever the fair market value for the pro-rate share of the advertising space). I wanted to know if something like this is prohibited anywhere in banking regulations? Is anyone aware of any other issues we may want to consider? I haven’t seen any banks doing this, so I am not sure if that means it may be prohibited.

Return to Top
Marketing
#2119252 - 02/23/17 04:18 PM Re: Digital Billboard Question sway
David Dickinson Online
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I'm not aware of any banking regulations, but in my state, there are very strict laws about signage. For instance, they can't list community events, other business promo's, etc. They can only promote things directly related to that business. I would check with your department of roads or other state agencies before moving forward.

Return to Top
#2119273 - 02/23/17 05:26 PM Re: Digital Billboard Question sway
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
If the sign can't increase income enough to pay for itself, maybe it's a bad business decision.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker