Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2118852 - 02/18/17 04:59 PM Verifying Non-Profit Organizations
Wildcat Rampage Offline
Kentucky - Home of the 8 time ...
How do you verify that non-profit organizations are actual, real non-profit organizations and not a sham? Kentucky Secretary of State may or may not have a listing for them. I'd feel a lot better about "The Human Fund" if I could actually verify that it is properly registered as a corporation or a charity. I feel like I'm missing something obvious, but as of right now, I don't know what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
#2118859 - 02/20/17 12:17 PM Re: Verifying Non-Profit Organizations Wildcat Rampage
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#2118870 - 02/20/17 02:22 PM Re: Verifying Non-Profit Organizations rlcarey
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Nice tool. My search yields: No cigar as a charity, but the SOS says it's a valid DBA name for a general partnership in Bowling Green. You know, where the massacre took place? grin

Return to Top
#2119764 - 02/28/17 03:23 PM Re: Verifying Non-Profit Organizations Wildcat Rampage
Wildcat Rampage Offline
Thanks Randy and Ken.

I think The Human Fund is a DBA for Vandelay Industries, but I could be wrong.

Return to Top
#2119800 - 02/28/17 04:53 PM Re: Verifying Non-Profit Organizations Wildcat Rampage
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
And here I thought it was a fake charity made up by George Costanza on Seinfeld smile

Return to Top
#2119811 - 02/28/17 05:27 PM Re: Verifying Non-Profit Organizations rlcarey
Wildcat Rampage Offline
Originally Posted By rlcarey
And here I thought it was a fake charity made up by George Costanza on Seinfeld smile

:-)

But Vandelay is George's fake business that he was interviewing with when he was scamming unemployment benefits....

All are key components of all training that I conduct.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Jack Holzknecht