Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2120113 - 03/01/17 08:34 PM Auditing CTR's
ADN Offline
100 Club
I am auditing CTR's and found we filed a CTR with the incorrect gender information. How big of a deal is this mistake? Would something like this need amended? If it seems isolated, would I notate it in the audit or just make mention to the personnel to be more careful and move on?

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2120121 - 03/01/17 09:09 PM Re: Auditing CTR's ADN
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Not a big deal at all. Now as you mentioned, if there is widespread inaccuracies then you might have something to report on but if it is just one CTR and all that was wrong was the gender I would mention it briefly and move on. With all the other information to help identify the individual (SSN, Drivers License, DOB etc...) they shouldn't get hung up on something like gender.

Return to Top
#2120122 - 03/01/17 09:14 PM Re: Auditing CTR's ADN
edAudit Offline
Power Poster
edAudit
You are here
Just throwing this out there. How do you know that the customer does not identify as the gender listed? (and that is an issue)

CAMS

Return to Top
#2120125 - 03/01/17 09:26 PM Re: Auditing CTR's edAudit
Amandak Offline
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By edAudit
Just throwing this out there. How do you know that the customer does not identify as the gender listed? (and that is an issue)

And this is one reason why we do not fill in the gender field

Return to Top
#2120130 - 03/01/17 09:36 PM Re: Auditing CTR's ADN
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Just a reminder -- if you have the gender recorded anywhere in your records, you are required to include it on the CTR.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#2120137 - 03/01/17 09:54 PM Re: Auditing CTR's John Burnett
Amandak Offline
Wisconsin
Originally Posted By John Burnett
Just a reminder -- if you have the gender recorded anywhere in your records, you are required to include it on the CTR.

Valid point John.

Return to Top
#2120167 - 03/02/17 12:57 PM Re: Auditing CTR's ADN
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
ADN

Assuming the individual was standing there, omission of the information is an error. It's not worthy of individual mention, but a correction should be filed. It there are other errors of any type then they deserve to be mentioned in the aggregate.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z