Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2121621 - 03/11/17 06:54 PM Audit confirmation by text or email?
soundbank Offline
Just wondering if any internal auditors out there send loan or deposit confirmations by email or text? Not sure what the compliance implications would be, but seems like a much more efficient way to obtain this information

Return to Top
Audit
#2121641 - 03/13/17 01:03 PM Re: Audit confirmation by text or email? soundbank
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
No. From an Internal Audit side, I have never sent out a confirmation.

Return to Top
#2121656 - 03/13/17 02:04 PM Re: Audit confirmation by text or email? soundbank
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#2121995 - 03/15/17 01:06 PM Re: Audit confirmation by text or email? rlcarey
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Originally Posted By soundbank
Just wondering if any internal auditors out there send loan or deposit confirmations by email or text? Not sure what the compliance implications would be, but seems like a much more efficient way to obtain this information

soundbank,
See sections .28 and .29 of that standards that Randy linked for you. While "silent" on specific sending methods (like text or email) the standards do state that is it important to "establish{ing} direct communication between the intended recipient and the auditor to minimize the possibility that the results will be biased because of interception and alteration of the confirmation requests or responses."

I do not send confirmations (nor verifications) via text or email. I still use USPS. In recent years, I have been receiving more and more confirmations from confirmation[dot]com, though I have not used it to send them out.

Return to Top
#2153690 - 11/15/17 05:27 PM Re: Audit confirmation by text or email? QCL
Wishful Thinker Offline
Picking up on this conversation. On DDA/SAV audit confirmations, do you all print out full account numbers and social security numbers on the account to get confirmation on them?

Return to Top
#2154159 - 11/17/17 11:13 PM Re: Audit confirmation by text or email? Wishful Thinker
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Good old postage on a envelope at our bank, too.

As an aside, you might want to check with your externals. It was a question from our guys. They wanted to make sure we were sending and receiving actual paper.

And, yes, WT, ours have the full account number on the confirmation notice. We have had a customer get two confirms. He got two envelopes with two different notices showing two different numbers.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z