Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2121879 - 03/14/17 03:55 PM Employee Handbook & BSA Compliance
Calmeida12 Offline
100 Club
Does anyone have sample language that they can share about expectations to adhere to BSA regulations, internal BSA policies and procedures as well as consequences for non-compliance. We had a BSA Audit and it was recommended that we add this to our Employee Handbook. Thank you.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#2121907 - 03/14/17 04:52 PM Re: Employee Handbook & BSA Compliance Calmeida12
LetsTalkCompliance Offline
I encourage you to check out Cbanc for stock language and forms. Our bank borrows language and forms from there occasionally.
https://www.cbancnetwork.com/

I would be happy to learn if Bankers Online had a similar tool.
Last edited by jdh134642; 03/14/17 04:52 PM.
Return to Top
#2121913 - 03/14/17 05:11 PM Re: Employee Handbook & BSA Compliance Calmeida12
McFly Offline
I would advise the BSA FFIEC manual for language. You should be able to discern concepts and consequences for non-compliance from several sections.

I would also advise your Bank's attorney to review and revise accordingly.

While stock forms may also be helpful, I would make sure you modify accordingly to ensure that the language fits the unique characteristics of your Bank.

Return to Top
#2121923 - 03/14/17 06:11 PM Re: Employee Handbook & BSA Compliance Calmeida12
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
I agree with JM, look at the actual FFIEC manual.

I have seen CBanc stuff before but I would be cautious with it, you get what you pay for if you know what I mean.

Return to Top
#2122884 - 03/21/17 06:09 PM Re: Employee Handbook & BSA Compliance RockChucker, CAMS
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Referencing knowledge of and compliance with all applicable laws and regulations is certainly fine boilerplate for a job description. However, I would not single out BSA as if it were more important than all others. It isn't.

When you see a "free" policy that says "Approved by the OCC" or "Reviewed by the FDIC with no criticisms" know that you are dealing with someone who doesn't know which direction is "up."

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z