Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2123031 - 03/22/17 12:56 PM Information Security Officer training/responsiblit
LisaL Offline
Good Morning,
Not sure if this correct forum to post..
Anyone have any advice with training to become the Bank ISO? any information or training course advice you are willing to share would be very helpful and thank you in advance.
Lisa L

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2123046 - 03/22/17 01:38 PM Re: Information Security Officer training/responsiblit LisaL
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
That is a pretty broad topic. Are you new to the world of Information Security? Give us a little more detail and you might receive better responses.

Return to Top
#2123058 - 03/22/17 02:35 PM Re: Information Security Officer training/responsiblit osucpa
LisaL Offline
Currently I am BSA Officer, Security Officer oversee Deposit Compliance and Retail dept. The role of Information Security Officer is new to me, the ISO role as it's been explained to me is establishing internal controls to safeguard the bank's valuable assets, destroying media storage, shred sensitive data, ensuring the bank's confidentiality, availability and integrity of information is protected and safe. Hopefully this additional information clarifies my original post.
Again thank you.
Lisa

Return to Top
#2123066 - 03/22/17 02:46 PM Re: Information Security Officer training/responsiblit LisaL
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
A Google search using your terms yields a ton of possibilities...

Return to Top
#2123299 - 03/23/17 04:34 PM Re: Information Security Officer training/responsiblit LisaL
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
That's a lot of hats to wear for one person......

Return to Top
#2123392 - 03/23/17 11:47 PM Re: Information Security Officer training/responsiblit LisaL
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Lisa - do you have in house IT department or are you outsourced? The ISO role has some heavy responsibilities and how much IT related things you have in house can play a big role on what you need to know. If you're fully outsourced, you can leverage your IT vendor and their conferences/training (if any) and you don't necessarily need to have super high-tech skills as you would if you are fully in house. Does your Core system vendor provide any ISO type conferences? I'd start there and then work out to other banking groups such as your state bankers association, ABA, etc.

I'm the ISO, BSA Officer, Compliance Officer, Security Officer, ID Theft Administrator, in charge of Operations and an Executive Officer. Way too many hats, but in a small institution - you do what you have to.

Make sure you read through your banks IT policy, including your Info Security Policy to ensure you know what got dumped on you.

Good luck.

Return to Top
#2144552 - 08/31/17 06:10 PM Re: Information Security Officer training/responsiblit LisaL
RockChucker, CAMS Offline
Diamond Poster
The Country
Has anyone attended any training directed to ISO's that they liked?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett