Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#212429 - 07/19/04 06:19 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

Whipped whale fat with berries and sugar didn't make anyone's list? Sheesh!

How about smelly fish head soup? (Bury a fish head for two weeks, dig it up and make soup out of it).

Or Muck-tuck? (inside fat layer on a whale...chewy like bubble gum).

Oh and Dorrito's and cottage cheese. (This would be my favorite on this list)

Dorrito's - now that's just gross!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#212430 - 07/19/04 07:24 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Darlin Offline
personally, I love mustard on my potato chips. Also, Dr. Pepper with a wedge of lemon...perfect!

Return to Top
#212431 - 07/19/04 07:31 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Grey Bird Offline
New Poster
West Virginia USA
I agree with your Great Aunt. I love peanut butter and bologna sandwiches, especially with a big bowl of chili. My other favorites are peanut butter and bacon sandwiches and peanut butter and fried egg sandwiches. My Mom made the sandwiches with egg so I could take them to school without having to worry about mayo spoiling.

Return to Top
#212432 - 07/19/04 07:31 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whenever my husband has Lee's Famous Fried Chicken he peels off the skin and mixes the skin with potato salad, baked beans, honey and hot sauce. It looks pretty disgusting but it's the best thing since MANNA from heaven.

He only does this with Lee's Famous Fried chicken. Thankfully we don't have those in Colorado.

Return to Top
#212433 - 07/19/04 08:11 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
Quote:

A friend of mine swears by Cool Ranch Dorito and Mayo sandwiches. (she's pregnant, so I can excuse this, but she says she ate them before she got pregnant)

My sister (when she was pregnant) ate a Dunkin' Donuts plain bagel with cream cheese and nacho cheese doritos on it!

Return to Top
#212434 - 07/19/04 08:46 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Dad loves Polish (or even Summer) Sausage boiled in one pot with potatoes and green beans.

Return to Top
#212435 - 07/19/04 08:49 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

My Dad loves Polish (or even Summer) Sausage boiled in one pot with potatoes and green beans.

That is pretty standard polish fare.

Return to Top
#212436 - 07/19/04 08:57 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Plus Mike, I think it sounds pretty good, not crazy.

Return to Top
#212437 - 07/19/04 09:47 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Popcorn or pretzels dipped in ranch. It has to be litehouse country ranch for the pretzels, though.

Return to Top
#212438 - 07/19/04 09:56 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
I don't necessarily eat any "crazy" combination of food but I do eat some "crazy" HOT hot sauce. They're terrible, but for some reason I keep eating them. Daves Total Insanity, Blair's After and Megadeath sauces, Maddog 357, and the absolute worst that I have tried (and never ever will again) was Demon Ichor's hot sauce. That one was Sooo hot, my mouth was on fire for about half an hour to 45 mins and no amount of water, milk, bread, etc. would help the heat

Return to Top
#212439 - 07/19/04 10:00 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I don't necessarily eat any "crazy" combination of food but I do eat some "crazy" HOT hot sauce. They're terrible, but for some reason I keep eating them. Daves Total Insanity, Blair's After and Megadeath sauces, Maddog 357, and the absolute worst that I have tried (and never ever will again) was Demon Ichor's hot sauce. That one was Sooo hot, my mouth was on fire for about half an hour to 45 mins and no amount of water, milk, bread, etc. would help the heat

You probably eat the suicide peppers they put in Thai food too don't you? Dave's insanity is about the hottest I can take, and only if there is milk handy.

Return to Top
#212440 - 07/19/04 10:05 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

Quote:

You probably eat the suicide peppers they put in Thai food too don't you? Dave's insanity is about the hottest I can take, and only if there is milk handy.

Those peppers are nothing compared to those sauces.. That Daves insanity is pretty hot, imagine a sauce that is easily 10-15 times hotter than that and you will have that Demon Ichor, that will put a couple beads of sweat on your forehead

Return to Top
#212441 - 07/19/04 10:06 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
KSK Offline
Gold Star
KSK
Kansas
I've never been a fan of BLT Sandwiches, so my versionwould always be a peanut butter and bacon sandwich. NUM NUM NUM!!!

As for the goober burger that was previously mentioned - I've ordered that (called something else I think) at a restaurant (The Armoury, I think was the name) in Greeley, CO years ago. Strange but very good--------

But then I just like peanut butter - melted and mixed with honey poured over waffles or pancakes - melted with chocolat chips and drizzled over graham crackers --------

Now I'm hungry............

Return to Top
#212442 - 07/19/04 10:13 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I love tabasco sauce on popcorn.

i love tobasco sauce on just about EVERYTHING!

Return to Top
#212443 - 07/19/04 10:15 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Quote:

I don't necessarily eat any "crazy" combination of food but I do eat some "crazy" HOT hot sauce. They're terrible, but for some reason I keep eating them.

I know why - there's some pretty impressive research that proves that there's a chemical component of peppers/chile that is addictive. You're addicted!!

Can't think of the technical names/terms right now, but I bet someone else can.

Return to Top
#212444 - 07/19/04 10:17 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
When I was a kid, I liked sugar on my macaroni and cheese. I don't eat it that way anymore- I don't need the extra calories!

Return to Top
#212445 - 07/19/04 10:19 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

1. Catsup on pasta noodles
2. Piece of white bread rolled around a big dill pickle with a piece of cheese wrapped around the pickle

Dave, it's ketchup, not catsup! Kidding aside, when I was kid, I used to eat bread, spread with butter and sprinkle a ton of suger on top. The thought now grosses me out but as a kid, yummy!

i used to do the sugar thing but toasted it under the broiler

Return to Top
#212446 - 07/19/04 10:21 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Isn't that called cinnamon toast without the cinnamon?

Return to Top
#212447 - 07/19/04 10:29 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
VioletRose Offline
100 Club
VioletRose
Land Of The Lost
I love syrup with my bacon or sausages .

Return to Top
#212448 - 07/19/04 11:28 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Quote:

Quote:

I don't necessarily eat any "crazy" combination of food but I do eat some "crazy" HOT hot sauce. They're terrible, but for some reason I keep eating them.

I know why - there's some pretty impressive research that proves that there's a chemical component of peppers/chile that is addictive. You're addicted!!

WooHoo!!

Return to Top
#212449 - 07/19/04 11:56 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I personally think peanut butter spread on a chrome bumper would still be good. Come to think of it hot sauce on a bumper would be good too!

Return to Top
#212450 - 07/19/04 11:58 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I personally think peanut butter spread on a chrome bumper would still be good. Come to think of it hot sauce on a bumper would be good too!

I have a good friend that puts hot sauce on everything. Vegetables, eggs, meats...he must have a cast iron stomach!

Return to Top
#212451 - 07/20/04 12:34 AM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Tisa Offline
Platinum Poster
Tisa
Do you know the way to ...
When I go to the movies, I have to have popcorn and Hot Tamales. Dump the Hot Tamales in the bag of popcorn and shake. In the dark you never know when a handful of popcorn is going to have some chewey cinnamon goodness hiding inside!

Grilled cheese sandwiches dipped in ketchup. I always thought this was normal - my whole family eats them this way - but was recently disabused of that notion when lunching with a friend.

Return to Top
#212452 - 07/20/04 02:32 AM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Anonymous
Unregistered

As many of us that like popcorn and chocolate together you would think the major candy companies would know about this!! Chocolate covered popcorn? Wake up candy makers!

Return to Top
#212453 - 07/20/04 01:45 PM Re: Crazy foods we eat!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

As many of us that like popcorn and chocolate together you would think the major candy companies would know about this!! Chocolate covered popcorn? Wake up candy makers!

You can get this, and it is great! Order some today!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5