Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2125234 - 04/05/17 10:19 PM Reg. O Officer Country Club Membership
guardian_of_integrity Offline
New Poster
During a review of employee expenses it was discovered the country club a Reg. O officer is a member of does not offer equal services to ladies. The country club has a "men's grill" (men only) and a "mixed grill". There is no equal ladies only grill or service at the club. Should this be brought to the CEO's attention or not say anything and hope nothing comes of it?

Return to Top
Audit
#2125248 - 04/06/17 10:56 AM Re: Reg. O Officer Country Club Membership guardian_of_integrity
Monster Offline
Platinum Poster
There are so many times I want to cover my ears and pretend I didn't hear what I heard, but I don't feel that's the way to respond to issues. Curious what others will think, but, even as a female... I'm not sure I see this as a problem of the bank. What about fraternity members - would that be a problem as well? It isn't favorable that the officer is a member, but unless you're extending a loan to the club, is it associated?

Return to Top
#2125280 - 04/06/17 02:49 PM Re: Reg. O Officer Country Club Membership guardian_of_integrity
guardian_of_integrity Offline
New Poster
The only risk I see to the bank is possible reputation risk, guilt by association. The likely hood of any public outrage over the country club's current practice, like what occurred at a well known golf club in Georgia, is low. Ladies are allowed to be members of the club they just aren't offered equal services.

I don't see any upside for pointing this out to executive management. I'm going to "let it go".

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z