Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2126893 - 04/19/17 12:46 AM Loan to business located adjacent to moderate trac
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Could a line of credit used for working capital to a factory/industrial business be counted as a CRA loan if it is adjacent to a moderate tract even if it is in a middle tract itself?

Or am I stretching it a bit?

Return to Top
CRA
#2126932 - 04/19/17 01:42 PM Re: Loan to business located adjacent to moderate trac Bec
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Doesn't sound like economic development and job creation....

Doesn't sound like revitalize/stabilize....

May be a stretch, just my opinion....

Return to Top
#2126989 - 04/19/17 03:55 PM Re: Loan to business located adjacent to moderate trac Bec
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
Ok, maybe a stretch.

If it were new money would that be a little more feasible?

Return to Top
#2127587 - 04/22/17 04:09 PM Re: Loan to business located adjacent to moderate trac Bec
Bec Offline
Diamond Poster
Bec
The Great White North
If I have a refinance or renewal of a commercial loan greater than $1MM and the property is in a moderate census tract...could I include that in my community development portfolio???? As far as the analysis, I would just have to make sure that the rents are LMI friendly?

Return to Top
#2128919 - 05/03/17 01:12 PM Re: Loan to business located adjacent to moderate trac Bec
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Yes, I would Bec. Argue stabilization of the tract. And yes also on the rents.

Return to Top
#2128946 - 05/03/17 02:55 PM Re: Loan to business located adjacent to moderate trac Bec
Tennismom Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennismom
Originally Posted By Bec
If I have a refinance or renewal of a commercial loan greater than $1MM and the property is in a moderate census tract...could I include that in my community development portfolio???? As far as the analysis, I would just have to make sure that the rents are LMI friendly?

Per the Q and A, not all loans in a low- to moderate-income geography have a stabilizing effect. Some loans may provide only indirect or short-term benefits to low- or moderate-income individuals in a low or moderate-income geography. These loans are not considered to have a community development purpose.

What do you mean by "rents are LMI friendly"? Wouldn't that apply only to affordable housing?

Return to Top