Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2127335 - 04/20/17 06:45 PM Terms & Conditions
Miss Comply Offline
Just curious, does anyone else provide a Terms and Conditions document to customers opening a new time deposit account? We do, but if you look through the document, the majority of it pertains only to transaction accounts.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#2127359 - 04/20/17 07:52 PM Re: Terms & Conditions Miss Comply
MCCompliance Offline
100 Club
We did because "that's the way it's always been done." We stopped providing it, though, about 2 weeks ago. Like you said, the information in it doesn't pertain to the time deposits. The T&C's that apply to time deposits are disclosed elsewhere.

Return to Top
#2127373 - 04/20/17 08:25 PM Re: Terms & Conditions Miss Comply
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
This is really a bank by bank situation. Not all banks use the same forms nor do those form tie together in a consistent manner. You need to sit down with your legal counsel before you stop giving them to be sure it doesn't cause problems with your overall deposit contract with the holders of your CDs.

Return to Top
#2127403 - 04/20/17 10:37 PM Re: Terms & Conditions rlcarey
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Said differently: Only someone who read the document could provide an intelligent response.

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett